Eating in a stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the NFL - many fans do the tailgate thing and are allowed into the carparks with gas cannister, BBQs, beer and assorted kitchen implements that would be deemed as weapons so they pay normal rate for their grub and make a full day of it. Have been to Cowboy stadium and FedEx Field in Washington, Tropicana Field (Tampa Baseball) (look at me - pathetic) and the selection and quality for food and beer and the price is out of this world compared to Premier league warm beer and cold burger.

The Lancashire ones do the best pies

Dinnah like. Had a pie at Old Trafford and it was like they'd imported hell into a pie it was that hot. Year later I got one and was stone cold.

Although technically Manchester is Greater Manchester not Lancashire so..you could still be right ;)

Used to watch Gamba Osaka now and again and the food was cracking. They have random foodstalls around the ground, and always used to get either takoyaki (octopus balls) or yakisoba (Japanese chow mein) and a can of Asahi super dry (which you can drink in the stands) for about a fiver.

There used to be a burger seller in Car Park at Roker Avenue in the early 90s used to be amazing. Was only there a few months but the burgers were huge and properly nice.

The chicken balti pies at the match are better than anything my local butcher or supermarket sells

Love them me

The PPL Stadium for the Philadelphia Union (MLS), has a beer menu for each section....must be close to 25 different beers sold throughout the stadium....was at a Philadelphia Flyer (NHL) recently and had a steak dinner in between periods with a nice glass of wine!! Sounds like the stadiums in England are definitely missing a trick when it comes to concessions.
You cant drink in the grounds here though and the game doesn't last all day with massive rests in between.........its not really comparable...........=

Not very nice is it, pricey pie, shite beer.....where does the best grub in the Premier League?

Has anybody sampled football abroad, or even caught an American football game over in USA and seen how they do it? Mate has been to Dallas Cowboys game (ooh look at me mate) and said they had a bar with 10 types of beer and 3 course menu....we are missing a trick at the SOL.
Metlife Stadium last December watching the New York Jets. Seen nowt like it. Steak houses the lot. Unreal selection of beer and snacks like chilli dogs, nachos, Philly Steak sandwiches you name it. But I guess over there they buy into that sort of stuff. Here we just wanna watch the match and have a few pints really. Whole different world over there though.

You cant drink in the grounds here though and the game doesn't last all day with massive rests in between.........its not really comparable...........=
Even with the MLS games you still have an assortment of food and beer to choose from.....beer being the most important to me.....Think of all the money the SOL is missing out on with beer sales!!

It's around 7 or 8 quid a pint of shit beer at the ACC to see a Leafs game. The grass isn't always greener.

Even with the MLS games you still have an assortment of food and beer to choose from.....beer being the most important to me.....Think of all the money the SOL is missing out on with beer sales!!
Theres not like theres a significant cultural difference between football here and over there and if it means changing to sell more food I know where the vote will go..............

I don't need to look it up to guess where you live and with respect you don't understand this......

It's around 7 or 8 quid a pint of shit beer at the ACC to see a Leafs game. The grass isn't always greener.
Yet the Chilli Cheese Dog I had at a Toronto Blue Jays game is quite possibly the finest thing i've ever had at a sporting venue.
(several pints in the sun may have aided my judgement, like...)

Theres not like theres a significant cultural difference between football here and over there and if it means changing to sell more food I know where the vote will go..............

I don't need to look it up to guess where you live and with respect you don't understand this......

I like having an adult beverage of my choice while watching a game.... I like how its done here!

Always thought the pies at the sol were alright. Bit pricey and hotter than military grade thermite but not bad at all. Wigan is the best pie ive had away from the sol. Man Uniteds and Evertons pies were both horrendous. Whatever Indian beer they were serving at Old Traffod last year was way worse that the stuff we get served at the sol aswell. Doesnt mean the stuff at the sol isnt shit though.

Re the NFL - many fans do the tailgate thing and are allowed into the carparks with gas cannister, BBQs, beer and assorted kitchen implements that would be deemed as weapons so they pay normal rate for their grub and make a full day of it. Have been to Cowboy stadium and FedEx Field in Washington, Tropicana Field (Tampa Baseball) (look at me - pathetic) and the selection and quality for food and beer and the price is out of this world compared to Premier league warm beer and cold burger.

One of the great things about football in the US and Canada are the tailgate parties.

Minute Maid Stadium in Houston, waitress service to your table full menu, electronic one, just keyed it in.
Been tailgating for a college football game class grub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back