Ed Miliband

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of the energy firms are european owned, which is ironic that leaving the eu appears to be the tory and ukip priority. they will then increase to what the hell they want to subsidise both jobs and profits to their own country. imagine state owned firm putting these profits back into britain, something the tories hate, state ownedbut the have happily signed over approx £30 billion to a state owned french company in edf for a new power station

its good here innit

most of the energy firms are european owned, which is ironic that leaving the eu appears to be the tory and ukip priority. they will then increase to what the hell they want to subsidise both jobs and profits to their own country. imagine state owned firm putting these profits back into britain, something the tories hate, state ownedbut the have happily signed over approx £30 billion to a state owned french company in edf for a new power station

its good here innit

State owned and profits aren't words that are often seen in the same sentence like

State owned and profits aren't words that are often seen in the same sentence like
back in the 70s but edf runs a canny profit going to the french state, others are german state owned. not one european country has a british owned company for energy

if we leave the eu, these eu companies can charge the british what the hell they want to keep price low in france and germany. good news?

Doubt it, seeing as Labour have been implicated in the noncing as well.

This. If he is in charge in May, the best they can hope to achieve is a minority administration with SNP backing which would be a disaster for the country. If they've got any sense they will bin the twat and replace him with Yvette Cooper in the new year.
If he's 'unelectable' that means he won't be in charge in May. Make your mind up.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Why not go the whole hog and get Russell Howard in anarl? Laurie Penny must be available!

Hilarious
Why? It's not as laughable as the Tories. In the recent past they've hounded Darren Gough to stand as the Tory parliamentary candidate for Barnsley and sounded Frank Bruno out about standing for them.

Last edited:
Aye. I hadn't realised. I've just read up on it.
It's shocking that the govt are going to 're privatise it.
Indeed. It goes with what Cartwright was saying. I just wonder at the ideology that throws away something that makes money for all of us at a time of austerity. It isnt even a question of left and right, it's blinkered stupidity.

If he's 'unelectable' that means he won't be in charge in May. Make your mind up.

Hair-splitting.

A minority administration would be in charge by virtue of whatever deals they could broker, not elected per se.

I did say it was the best he could hope for. The most likely outcome is a Tory-UKIP coalition.

I am not certain how you got from my suggestion on freezing HB maximum levels to hoying people onto the street?

If Ed becomes PM it will be a disaster for the UK economy. He will spook the markets which you cannot do in a global economy.

If you look beyond the politics Cameron is doing a lot of the right things - probably more by accident than design. The benefits system for working age people clearly is not fit for purpose - loads of unemployed yet loads of immigrants able to come and find work. All the fuck on with universal credit looks like a complete waste of time but capping benefit and increasing personal tax allowances is a step in the right direction.
He is also closing down tax avoidance schemes and championing international cooperation on corporation tax.
They are also attempting to build trade links with China, Brazil and a few other developing economies.
Ed's main idea at the minute is to ban energy companies from increasing prices to offset massive rises brought about in part by green measures he championed

I've been saying this for years, except I've been saying that he knows what he's doing.

He's stood up to the EU, cooled things with America and built great trade agreements with China - which for my own selfish reasons I like a lot.

back in the 70s but edf runs a canny profit going to the french state, others are german state owned. not one european country has a british owned company for energy

if we leave the eu, these eu companies can charge the british what the hell they want to keep price low in france and germany. good news?
Are they not doing that already with us in the EU ?

Doubt it, seeing as Labour have been implicated in the noncing as well.

They have indeed however it's a Tory MP who's been fingered as a guy who murdered a boy at an orgy. Labour are up to their necks in it however the Tories are very very deep in this paedo scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back