Ellis Short Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

when Quinn sold the idea of short in and drummaville out, it was on the idea that we would be taken to the next level? we've gone backwards and continue to do so, need to sort it out drastically in the next window or it's the next level indeed, but the next level down

when Quinn sold the idea of short in and drummaville out, it was on the idea that we would be taken to the next level? we've gone backwards and continue to do so, need to sort it out drastically in the next window or it's the next level indeed, but the next level down
No it was drumaville are fucked and if we don't get someone else in we will likely be in administration. No idea what the next level is. Its a league full of also rans.

For all the money he's put into the club and this is what we have to show for it and what we've shown for a couple of years now. A club failing to compete in a league we've been in for 8 years now. A slow, shit squad with no quality constantly fighting relegation.
Extremely poorly run, but fuck it we've got a great partnership with DC United

He refuses to put more money into the club because of the bad buys in the past, I can understand him not wanting to put more in and more cautious but he is going to have to put more in if he wants to improve the team and stay up. If he can't or unwilling to put money in for transfers then yes I agree he should sell up and let someone else take the reigns otherwise he will just sit back and do nothing. I like Ellis, he is a good man and saved us after the Drumiville but time has moved on and we should be doing more than we have done.

After watching that today I am officially worried, most of the players don't appear to give a shit, very worrying.
Team strengthening in the summer has been a distaster and that is the blame of Congerton and ultimately Short.

For all the money he's put into the club and this is what we have to show for it and what we've shown for a couple of years now. A club failing to compete in a league we've been in for 8 years now. A slow, shit squad with no quality constantly fighting relegation.
Extremely poorly run, but fuck it we've got a great partnership with DC United
He is out of his depth in this game and so is the CEO unfortunately. Neither of them has a clue what to do and I'm not even sure where short is nowdays. his interest seems to have waned massively. The buck stops at his door as it always did with say Murray. they ultimately carry the can because they ultimately make the decisions that matter.

That's a pretty important factor.
Still don't think there are people with the finance and the desire to buy Sunderland.

I agree, I was just saying there is always someone there, but you don't know their true intentions until they are in.
I honestly believe Short in the beginning did have the best intentions but after spending millions on shite buys from previous managers had thought " fuck this". Wouldn't be surprised if club was up for sale judging by way he's running it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back