EU chief warns 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration

Status
Not open for further replies.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...rant-workers-would-break-the-law-9804464.html

If this is the case then there seems to be only 2 solutions:

1. Everyone will have to quite simply accept that the population of this country may well explode over the coming decades bringing with it a lot of questions to be answered; or
2. We come out of the EU.

Thoughts?

I worked in immigration for a year and the rules are farcical.

Unless we leave the EU we have to accept it's going to get progressively worse.

I'm in favour of option two.

The United States of Europe in it's current form is like a noose around our neck.

I expect at least a vote when it comes to electing the president of Europe. No such luck.

What sort of pathetic democracy is that.

Wasn't there a way of reducing the number of NI allocations allowing people to work ?
Assume this was another method so people could come into the country but not work, minimise hand outs, stopping the wannabes coming here.
I'm sure there must be way round it.
Coming out the improves immigration but fucks the economy over import exports ?

The EU doesn't care what people actually want or think, they're too busy focussing on big businesses making money, and carrying on with their project no matter what the costs may be. Countries that have offered their population a vote on EU issues, like the Lisbon treaty, have generally voted against it, but the EU ignore this and push on regardless. I think this sort of undemocratic, dictatorship is the real problem with the EU, and why it needs either dramatically reforming, or leaving.

I'm in favour of option two.

The United States of Europe in it's current form is like a noose around our neck.

I expect at least a vote when it comes to electing the president of Europe. No such luck.

What sort of pathetic democracy is that.
One that works entirely in the interests of big banks and corporations. Because it is run by big banks and corporations.

One that works entirely in the interests of big banks and corporations. Because it is run by big banks and corporations.

How do we overthrow these overlords in Europe? If we cannot elect our own president I can only see total anarchy as the only viable option.

“I don't think you can say there is a huge problem with immigration - there are 2 million British citizens in the rest of EU.

clearly the bloke would have a point if it wasnt for the salient fact that the population of the UK has increased by 4m over the last decade - or whatever the huge figure is.

“I don't think you can say there is a huge problem with immigration - there are 2 million British citizens in the rest of EU.

clearly the bloke would have a point if it wasnt for the salient fact that the population of the UK has increased by 4m over the last decade - or whatever the huge figure is.
And the accompanied money flows. The man's a fuckhead

What annoys me is the attitude of a lot of senior politicians. They wont have a word said against immigration. The bog standard response from most of them is that the mix enriches British society and culture.
My bog standard answer to this is 'absolute bollocks'.

Why are these refugees in the French Channel ports so intend of reaching the UK? Why not just stay in France? We all know the answer to this question, apart from the politicians.:rolleyes:

I've mentioned this on another thread but its worth repeating on here as it is relevant.

It's no coincedence that one of Labours best politicians in the modern era was a staunch eurosceptic.

Tony Benn was a man of the people and not in the pocket of banks and the corporate elite.

It's easy to see why many of the current bunch are europhilies.

What annoys me is the attitude of a lot of senior politicians. They wont have a word said against immigration. The bog standard response from most of them is that the mix enriches British society and culture.

Why are these refugees in the French Channel ports so intend of reaching the UK? Why not just stay in France? We all know the answer to this question, apart from the politicians.:rolleyes:

There was a BBC article on that very topic a couple of weeks ago.

Basically they want to come to the UK because the UK has a reputation for giving houses and jobs. Apparently the UK is mythologised as some kind of benevolent nation giving immigrants houses and that.

Out of the two million Brits abroad, I would be interested to know the number who were totally self sufficient before they actually made the move.

I bet the number of Brits abroad on benefits is negligible .

Of course they wont have a word said against immigration.
Immigration increases the population.

Increased population increases demand for housing, which pushed up rents and house prices - more money for the rich.

Increased population increases demand for jobs, which pushes DOWN wages and conditions - more money for the rich.

Increased population increases public spending so more money for the rich.

Increased population means the pyramid scheme that is the pension scheme can continue for now... Which means more money for the rich.

Increased population means workers willing to accept poorer living standards or wages, which means more money for the rich.

Increased population increases demand for housing, which pushed up rents and house prices - more money for the rich.

Increased population increases demand for jobs, which pushes DOWN wages and conditions - more money for the rich.

Increased population means the pyramid scheme that is the pension scheme can continue for now... Which means more money for the rich.

Increased population means workers willing to accept poorer living standards or wages, which means more money for the rich.
You might well be onto something? :rolleyes:

Well it was Labour who have fully admitted throwing open the borders,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back