Famous people that have made a bad impression on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Van Moyland. An absolute wanker of epic proportions. Met him in a hotel in Leeds and he made a prize arse of himself. Fast forward to years later and I was at a festival in a field in Belgium watching The Futureheads and he was standing next to me. He recognised me (I think) and fucked off.
I googled him and still don't have a f***ing clue who he is. OP specifically said famous.

My dad used to work at the BBC so always had great stories. He was genuinely oblivious about some of the people he used to meet. Then usually months later, he'd say "oh I met him.. what a tit."
Adrian Chiles, Graham Norton, Clarkson all asked him that infamous question... "do you know who I am?"

Matt Baker, refused to sign an autograph for my son, who was bout 7 at the time, when Baker was on Blue Peter, coz his stuck-up wife wouldn't let him. f***ing grow a pair, wanker.

Used to do music reviews back in the late 70s so met a lot of rock stars and such.

nicest bloke - Joe Strummer. Biggest Asshole - Ritchie Blackmore (when he was with Rainbow)

Everyone says this about Blackmore. What was his problem when you met him?

You must have skimmed the surface then. Also, anyone who does listen to his catalogue of music will know he makes references to child abuse several times, he was abused by his relatives as a kid.
I don't know how old you are, but give Who's Next a listen, it's fantastic.

As is Quadrophenia, The Who Sell, Who Are You...

Even the later stuff is much better than people will admit to. Eminence Front is great!

Last edited:
Jim Davidson was a total twat. They wouldn't let him check in at Newcastle Airport for a flight as he had no photo ID. He did the whole "do you know who I am" thing, the lass had no idea who he was though. He was on the flight though so I guess it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back