Favourite city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rome, Barcelona and New York in that order. Still love the center of Durham though, from the correct angle I've never seen a more picturesque spot.

Saigon has now edged out London as my favourite city. It's got far more buzz. Probably as its rapidly changing whereas London has become too gentrified fur me and soho has become too gay and too sanitised.

I preferred Hanoi, has much more charm.

Rio is the best city I've ever visited. Hong Kong a close second.

Chicago in the summer, Florence and Santa Fe. Apart from Sunderland I like York, Oxford and Edinburgh in the U.K.

York centre is largely great. Edinburgh. Having lived there i like how Sheffield western suburbs quickly become beautiful Peak District moorland but plenty of the centre is rundown and the shopping is crap compared to smaller cities

Depends why you were there, what you got up to, and who you were with I suppose.. For me, in no particular order ..

Jerusalem
Hamburg
Vancouver
London
Lisbon

Of course Sunderland is the best of them all , but you have to look really hard

Sunderland; it is my home and is where I want to be. I am proud of it and where I am. I never get tired of it, finding some new place to walk and seeing something new. Easy to put a place down, but look at what we have. It is a fantastic place. Put it into a wider context and the North East has so much for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back