Favourite Ladybird book:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumplestiltskin.
My daughter loved reading and treasured her books, this being her favourite when she was young.
She already had two copies at home so when she spotted a copy in a shop one day, I said no way, you've already got two of them.
Needless to say she persisted and prevailed and ended up taking her third copy home.

I know it's not Ladybird but it's in the spirit of...

I loved this book as a kid:

Logon or register to see this image

I'll buy it eventually but it really bugs me that even a shite example will set you back £20.

I can still picture the illustrations in my mind 40 years later.

Used to love these books..the feel and smell of them, the fantastic art work as someone else has said and brilliant stories...Great stuff. Jack and the Beanstalk had to be my favourite. I also liked the one where the wolf pretends to be the young goats mother by putting flour on his paw and showing it to them through the window. I can't remember the name now though

Used to love these books..the feel and smell of them, the fantastic art work as someone else has said and brilliant stories...Great stuff. Jack and the Beanstalk had to be my favourite. I also liked the one where the wolf pretends to be the young goats mother by putting flour on his paw and showing it to them through the window. I can't remember the name now though
You have got the old cogs turning !

Rumplestiltskin.
My daughter loved reading and treasured her books, this being her favourite when she was young.
She already had two copies at home so when she spotted a copy in a shop one day, I said no way, you've already got two of them.
Needless to say she persisted and prevailed and ended up taking her third copy home.
The best!

I know it's not Ladybird but it's in the spirit of...

I loved this book as a kid:

Logon or register to see this image

I'll buy it eventually but it really bugs me that even a shite example will set you back £20.

I can still picture the illustrations in my mind 40 years later.

Quite impressed Tim managed to get his hands on an old school Guy Fawkes mask though

Jesus Horatio Christ

Don't fuck with Ladybird!

You'd think someone would have mentioned to her at some point that UK intellectual property law doesn't have a "fair use" exception for parody.

If she was in the US instead, then fair play she'd have a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back