Feelgood factor re the city itself and the footy team ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no affiliation to Sunderland apart from the football team, I'm from Durham which is a different 'country'.

But, for the last few years we've taken to spending weekends there for the matches.

It's a lovely place to visit and, I have to say, I'm surprised.

Our matches used to involve arriving in the town around 1pm, pub crawling to the ground and straight on the A19 at 5pm.

I've really grown to love the place now.

I spent three days in Birmingham last winter, it was brilliant. Some of the regeneration around the centre and Broad Street was great.

Obviously not all of the city has seen this change, but as an ex industrial city you'd expect rougher areas now that the industries have gone.
i am worried about your eyes now

Whenever Birmingham is mentioned i always picture my mate from clubland. He used to drive a red astra with spinners on!!:)
He came up to newcastle in it and got so much f*cking stick he said he'd walk up next time!:)
I think it might've been a diesel too. If Birmingham breeds characters like that it must be a good place.:)

It's an old church that was only named a cathedral about 100 years ago ....... one of the smallest in the country.
Didn't realise that. I've only been here 4 years and avoid Birmingham as much as possible.
Stayed the weekend in central Birmingham & found it a decent enough place, nice down by The Mailbox & friendly people, Aston is still a shithole however.
Some great places down the canal. I try to pretend I'm not in Birmingham though :lol:
Always found the people to be as far from friendly as is humanly possible.

The canal is good - went on it when wor own Jeff Brown was down there working for the Birmingham Post and Mail in the 80s. He lived in a canny area, Harborne, quite close to Edgbaston

Can't disagree.

But a few good bits don't gloss over the slum areas, drug gangs & thousands of empty shops and houses.

Sweet bejesus :lol:

It was just a question ....... don't get all hysterical.

Whenever Birmingham is mentioned i always picture my mate from clubland. He used to drive a red astra with spinners on!!:)
He came up to newcastle in it and got so much f*cking stick he said he'd walk up next time!:)
I think it might've been a diesel too. If Birmingham breeds characters like that it must be a good place.:)
To be fair, my first time there I was stood outside the train station having a fag. A group of cool black lads asked me for one of my fags which I gave them. Talked to them for a while and they invited me for a beer to a few bars they told me I wouldn't have been welcome in on my own. Had a great day.
Perhaps my expectations were to high after that...

ya forgot the new bridge mate, gona be taller than big ben apparently..... Dont expect tyne tees news to be too fucked on by it though, they'll only got eyes for one bridge

wish this new one was finished like, load as out them twats knocking pegs in the ground all hours of the day.

Can't disagree.

But a few good bits don't gloss over the slum areas, drug gangs & thousands of empty shops and houses.

It was just a question ....... don't get all hysterical.

good point well made, but just seemed ok when we were there - good while ago like !!

To be fair, my first time there I was stood outside the train station having a fag. A group of cool black lads asked me for one of my fags which I gave them. Talked to them for a while and they invited me for a beer to a few bars they told me I wouldn't have been welcome in on my own. Had a great day.
Perhaps my expectations were to high after that...
Ive got some good contacts in Birmingham, all great lads. It's definitely a place you need to know your way around though as it'd be easy to end up in dodgy situations.
The Burger Bar Boys are a proper outfit.

Ive got some good contacts in Birmingham, all great lads. It's definitely a place you need to know your way around though as it'd be easy to end up in dodgy situations.
The Burger Bar Boys are proper unfit.
Fixed that for you Pissed on mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back