Feelgood factor re the city itself and the footy team ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6830
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birmingham city centre is ok but is a massive building site at the minute. Its better than Stoke or Wolverhampton but Sunderlands seafront is stunning, and I wouldnt swap it for any of those places.
My sisters friends from Lancashire visited Seaburn with the Caravan Club a couple of weeks ago. First ever visit to the city and they were hugely impressed.
If more of the citys residents stopped moaning about the place and spent some money here it would be even better.
Couldnt agree more mate.

They're a bunch of cowards with guns and shitting their pants because other gangs are after them.
I think they've got parts of Birmingham locked down but it's a big city and i'm sure others hold their own spots. My mate mentioned the Johnson's too, least i think that's what they were called.
Birmingham's always been a violent place. You can tell when things that would be major stories in some places barely make the news in Birmingham.
There was another bunch from Wolverhampton who used to stop over up here on their way to Aberdeen of all places. They had that bit of business locked down for years.

I think they've got parts of Birmingham locked down but it's a big city and i'm sure others hold their own spots. My mate mentioned the Johnson's too, least i think that's what they were called.
Birmingham's always been a violent place. You can tell when things that would be major stories in some places barely make the news in Birmingham.
There was another bunch from Wolverhampton who used to stop over up here on their way to Aberdeen of all places. They had that bit of business locked down for years.

They're trying to do deals with other gangs, including North London & Manchester, because they're shitting it.

The police are right after them.

As well as the new bridge, I forgot about the new TECAZ opening where the Echo Office used to be in Pennywell.:)

They're trying to do deals with other gangs, including North London & Manchester, because they're shitting it.

Bit worrying you know so much about this s**t:eek::eek:

I couldn't speculate. I haven't seen my mate for a while to find out the crack.
I'll have to give him a bell, it's long overdue, i used to talk to him regularly.
There was a couple of other lads who used to come up separately but they knew each other from Brum.

I don't doubt the police are after them, they've been after them for decades.

As well as the new bridge, I forgot about the new TECAZ opening where the Echo Office used to be in Pennywell.:)

Bit worrying you know so much about this s**t
:eek::eek:

I'm in a strange position of being an ex-doorman of a major venue, good friend of the Hells Angels and a match goer with one of Notts CID.

I know & hear a lot but, happily, have no direct involvement with any of them ;)

Pwopa nowty!

After years of decline and decay and general pessimism, is it too optimistic to suggest things are on the up ?

The city centre looks great with the Keel Square development, Bridges extension including Van Mildert to rival Aphrodite [who says we dont have designer gear in Sunderland}, total revamp of Holmeside, new hotel about to open next to ex IR building, and of course increased employment for our lads and lasses [still along way to go tho]. The ex Vaux site remains a bug bear, but things could start moving there reasonably soon. At least a handy new car park has been temporarily created and that huge unsightly mound removed.

The seafront looks brilliant, and once the new restaurant is finally open and the houses over the road are done it will be something to be even more proud of - newcastle has the quayside, but I wouldnt swap the seafront for that in a million years.

The area around the ground is starting to develop. Not only do we have one of the few Olympic size swimming pools in Europe never mind the UK, but we have a new hotel due to open reasonably soon which will encourage opposing fans to stay over and spend their money in the city and spread the good word of Sunderland's revival.

And now dare I say it, the football club.The first two games were very poor BUT, the performance v Swansea was decent and the away performance at Villa was encouraging. NOW since the Villa game, we have Borini back, plus a decent looking fullback, whilst the new Swede's second half showing at Villa showed he could well be the midfield answer we've been looking for.

We have a great {word is often misused} manager in Dick Advocaat, a good chairman, a fantastic stadium and facilities at the AOL, a superb, well regarded and respected Foundation and of course, tremendous support.

Have things ever looked as encouraging as this on all fronts ????

The doom mongers, professional pessimists and ne'r do wells will no doubt shoot me down, but I feel encouraged and optimistic about both the city's and the clubs future, HTL, HTC and FTBM;):)

Swansea battered us at times during that 'decent performance' and no one's seen this 'decent looking fullback' play. Never been near the Spurs team.

Enjoy the spirit of your post but we're shite mate!

I drove to Villa Park on Saturday and have to say, Birmingham is dire.

Britain's 2nd city? Dear me, it's dreadful .......... discount bed shops, kebab stalls & skank pubs all along the route.

And these wankers come here and sing Sunderland's a shithole :rolleyes:

Manchester is the second city these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back