FIFA officials arrested by Swiss cops..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasnt the law changed over there recently which has allowed these arrests? Hopefully a sign the Swiss Government has had enough
Yes it has back in December and there is an excellent couple of blog entries in Untold Arsenal by Tony Attwood in which he gave the implications of this legislation for FIFA and basically advised them "to get out of Dodge City". FIFA must have been incredibly badly advised or so arrogant they thought they were untouchable.

Link to my post about this here:

http://readytogo.net/smb/threads/fifa-officials-arrested-by-swiss-cops.1083591/page-16#post-20510534

I'm not an expert in Swiss law or public life but my perception is that a lot of what was acceptable there say 40 years ago, e.g. banking secrecy, is no longer acceptable.

All developed nations need to sign an accord saying they will only accept international organisations domiciling on their territories if they sign up to commonly agreed governance standards. If the FIFAs of this world then want to fuck off to some dodge pot country, the signatories should pull their international teams from their competitions.

f***ing off to some tin pot country is what Tony Attwood advised FIFA to do in his blog back in January. FIFA should have taken his advice - though I am not sure if they subscribe to his Arsenal blog.

Here is the link to the blog on Untold-Arsenal. Well worth a read.

http://untold-arsenal.com/archives/40409

Last edited by a moderator:

This is not strong enough. They should pull out now. How much evidence of corruption do they need?

It always amuses me when those on the periphery (sponsors, head of individual FAs etc etc) start talking like this: Corruption? WHAT? No way. What horrible and completely unexpected news!! We're seriously going to have to consider our position, as soon as we know just how much is coming out and how much we're implicated..........

Like they didn't think FIFA was dodgy before this. :lol:

It was tongue in cheek. However, the yanks are anything but altruistic and whenever they get involved in something, I can't help thinking "What's in it for them?"

They get to look tough and strong and hard on criminals.

The target is a huge world issue which few of their voters give a fuck about.

It's the perfect storm for an administration.

I just saw 5 hours ago that Visa, McDonald's, Coca Cola and all key USA sponsors of the World Cup are putting pressure on FIFA. Blatter out or else.....

:lol: A load of hot air. They'll say they are 'concerned' but no way will they actually pull out and lose their sponsorship to a rival

Logon or register to see this image

Check out this mealy mouthed shite from Adidas

I'm not an expert in Swiss law or public life but my perception is that a lot of what was acceptable there say 40 years ago, e.g. banking secrecy, is no longer acceptable.

All developed nations need to sign an accord saying they will only accept international organisations domiciling on their territories if they sign up to commonly agreed governance standards. If the FIFAs of this world then want to fuck off to some dodge pot country, the signatories should pull their international teams from their competitions.

Changes to Swiss banking secrecy laws came into effect last year - again it would appear after pressure from USA.

I'm sure also read that there were other changes in Swiss law, and not just banking laws, that would allow their authorities to investigate the operations of Swiss based international organisations such as FIFA, where in the past the legislation had not been available.

I think this is the legislation to which Sky refers in this article.

Looks to me like they've left Blatter out in the open because they're going to illegitimise his entire tenure as FIFA president in full public view.

Get in.

I hope the whole thing comes down like a house of cards, I bet the cheating sods can't believe someone has taken them on.

They want to get after that little shit who runs the show, that would be an interesting one.

Funny that all these major sponsors were unaware of any of this when the man on the street knew FIFA was run by criminals. I like how they are all now releasing statements expressing there disappointment and shock at the revelations coming out. Sounds to me like after turning a blind eye to it for 20 years, they are all distancing themselves from FIFA and trying to protect the image of there own brand.

I'm loving every single second of this implosion. Every single second.
Is pretty interesting to watch it unfold. The dick news yesterday was a bit crap and took the shine off it a little but hopefully we will get more gripping revelations today to cheer me up.

Funny that all these major sponsors were unaware of any of this when the man on the street knew FIFA was run by criminals. I like how they are all now releasing statements expressing there disappointment and shock at the revelations coming out. Sounds to me like after turning a blind eye to it for 20 years, they are all distancing themselves from FIFA and trying to protect the image of there own brand.

Is pretty interesting to watch it unfold. The dick news yesterday was a bit crap and took the shine off it a little but hopefully we will get more gripping revelations today to cheer me up.

Do you reckon all the major sponors are run by men of integrity?

Fuck me some people will try anything to get away with shit.

Luis Suarez to appeal ban?
The Uruguayan Footballers' Union (MUFP) has revealed it could appeal Luis Suarez's ban from international football in the wake of Wednesday's FIFA arrests.

Suarez, then of Liverpool, was banned for nine international games by FIFA as well as a four-month suspension from competitive football after biting Giorgio Chiellini in Uruguay's World Cup clash with Italy.

Despite appealing the punishment at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, it was upheld and the forward will miss this summer's Copa America in Chile.

ITV
Logon or register to see this image

But in the wake of this week's arrests and twin probes into the conduct of world football's governing body, the MUFP is analysing the possibility of having the ban quashed on the basis that FIFA has been discredited - should the player agree:

"If Luis Suarez is in agreement," they began. "We will ask for the end of the suspension... due to [the player] having been suspended by an organ suspected of corruption."

Former Uruguayan football chief Eugenio Figueredo was yesterday one of 14 indicted by the US Department of Justice over racketeering, bribery and corruption charges.

The whole thing looks like a complete mess and is now becoming factionalised within FIFA. the Asians and the Africans still, unbelievably, back Blatter whilst the europeans are dead against him. The South American football fans are apparently taking great delight in watching FIFA squirm.

Blatter still there, still giving it the old Iraqi information Minister garbage as the whole thing crumbles around him.

Amazingly Spain supports Blatter. No idea why. Even Putin has got involved this morning stating that its a US conspiracy.

The whole thing looks like a complete mess and is now becoming factionalised within FIFA. the Asians and the Africans still, unbelievably, back Blatter whilst the europeans are dead against him. The South American football fans are apparently taking great delight in watching FIFA squirm.

Blatter still there, still giving it the old Iraqi information Minister garbage as the whole thing crumbles around him.

Amazingly Spain supports Blatter. No idea why. Even Putin has got involved this morning stating that its a US conspiracy.
Apparently. Where is the little shit? What a fkin coward that bloke is -If he's got nothing to hide why doesn't he say it in front of the media?

Blatter's statement just been described as if it was coming from a bloke who had only just started at FIFA and had been recruited to clean this mess up not the perpetrator of this mess.

The bloke is less credible than the bastard child of Kim Jong Un, Streaker and Chemical Ali

Apparently. Where is the little shit? What a fkin coward that bloke is -If he's got nothing to hide why doesn't he say it in front of the media?
Dialling in from his underground lair

Ultimately it's all self interest. The smaller nations what Blatter because he guarantees the equal $ revenue sharing, so they get way over the odds, and he can bribe them with it to stay in power, so it works for both parties.

World football is dominated by Europe and to a lesser extent South America so obviously they'll want control and will probably want the revenue sharing to better reflect reality.

And half of them are crooks who just take the money for themselves anyway.

Platini making his grab for power here like. Also answering difficult questions posed in English in French, the shady fucker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back