Fish Shop Friday Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

That looks absolutely fantastic- even more credit to Girojim for his efforts though, because he could have that every single week and leave us without his priceless reviews- a true stoic.

That fish Tommy's is using looks superb- any idea what it is- got to be from you, W&E or Smales- he didnt used to like Colbecks.
I'll have a check mate, not at work today. Used to get a few boxes of skin on a week when I used to deliver , he is more interested in quality than price.

I'll have a check mate, not at work today. Used to get a few boxes of skin on a week when I used to deliver , he is more interested in quality than price.
Obviously pays off- whereas the cheap jacks will drop you for a quid a case, some of the shops doing really good business dont care about the price- all about quality- and end up making the most money anyway.

Been through to Tommy's on @chriswallace85 advice. Absolute class. Fish like a whale, batter lovely and crisp and the fish cooked to perfection. And, proper old school it still had the skin on. Lush, first one I've had like that for ages, and the way it's supposed to be 9/10

Chips were canny, but some getting a little soggy. More than made up for with the crunchy batter. Peas were a little watery, but all paled into significance next to the mighty fish.

It was a thing of beauty...

Logon or register to see this image

I have committed the pea transgression so I sympathise. That money shot is fantastic though, good work, looks lush.

Obviously pays off- whereas the cheap jacks will drop you for a quid a case, some of the shops doing really good business dont care about the price- all about quality- and end up making the most money anyway.
His prices to the customer are cracking like compared with many other places. Queues out the door every week.

Today I went to Pauls in Grangetown

As you can see, kebab,pizza type place. However it was quite busy, and a few people were getting fish so hopes were raised slightly.

£5.60 for fish lot, batter was not offered. It was pretty decent tbf, fish was nice enough most of the chips were really tasty but a lot of them were really dry. Not a bad effort effort, but I won't be hurrying back. 6.5/10.

The mixed naan kebabs from here are absolutely unreal. The chicken is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back