Fletcher and Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmfd

Winger
With Borini, Defoe, Lens and Adam Johnson competing for places, where will Fletcher and Graham fit in? We haven't started a game without them so far this season. Have they had their last chance for us?

My guess/hope is that they will drop down the pecking order, and appear if we are chasing a game where a target man is required, i.e. to punt it up top toward someone. I don't imagine they have had their last chance, however, they havn't grabbed their current opportunity by both hands so I imagine they will appear on the bench in the next few matches to say the least.

My guess/hope is that they will drop down the pecking order, and appear if we are chasing a game where a target man is required, i.e. to punt it up top toward someone. I don't imagine they have had their last chance, however, they havn't grabbed their current opportunity by both hands so I imagine they will appear on the bench in the next few matches to say the least.

Punting it up top hasnt really served us very well in recent times. Most of our goals have come from decent football rather than hoying it forward and feeding of scraps ( Defoes goal v the mags being the obvious exception )

The bit about dropping down the pecking order is my concern, marra. This will likely be at the expense of Gooch and Watmore getting on the bench, even, which, looking to the future is not the way ahead. Personally, the way Fletcher is treating the club at the moment, I would let him rot at home till he can leave on a free:mad:

With Borini, Defoe, Lens and Adam Johnson competing for places, where will Fletcher and Graham fit in? We haven't started a game without them so far this season. Have they had their last chance for us?

A few pay cheques to go before they fuck off unfortunately.

Then when they do they will moan about the club not treating them right

From a financial perspective yes but from a football perspective it's better to have options than not.

They don't give us many alternative options though...perhaps Fletcher in the air only. I'm disappointed to see them still here knowing that they'll go for nothing next summer having contributed ,at this stage anyway,the neck end of very,very little. Would have been nice to get even a token fee. Can't come soon enough to get these two off the payroll and I just hope lessons have been learned by our management.

I think at least one of them will go out on loan to the championship, and it's a sad indictment on Fletcher that I think I'd rather keep Danny than him, sometimes it isn't all about footballing ability.

I suspect Graham will sit on his arse until January, before getting a move to a Championship team.

Fletcher will still feature in the side/squad and get the odd goal, before going to celtic (or a promoted side) on a free next summer.

I can't believe that absolute f***ing arsewhiff Fletcher is still here.

I personally think one of them might start against Spurs

I think people are jumping the gun a bit here thinking we will just playing Defoe upfront, don't see it personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back