Food banks

Status
Not open for further replies.
There might be, if someone was obsessed enough and the figures they've already been given didn't suit them. I'll leave it to you.
I know your figures are too low to represent the true amount of scroungers as none of the scroungers I know would be included. They play the game enough never to be included.

No mate. Nobody would ever dream of taking the piss. There's only two or three in each village, you just happen to know them all.
I looked at South Tyneside earlier. 5 year JSA claimants were at 15 rounded to the nearest 5. The LA has a working age population of around 95k. There are always chancers and feckless but they are a tiny tiny minority.

I've got nothing against genuine unemployed job seekers, i'm one redundancy away from being one... I can never be career unemployed though,.... I don't meet the criteria.
I can't honestly remember anyone on here who has. KRB might be an exception....it depends how Thatcher he's feeling on the day.
The vast majority of people could not be either.
Again, the vast majority of people don't as well.

Yet you still seem to think the number of pisstakers is some astronomical amount though. Even when reality shows that not to be the case. You should get more in touch.

I can't honestly remember anyone on here who has. KRB might be an exception....it depends how Thatcher he's feeling on the day.

Yet you still seem to think the number of pisstakers is some astronomical amount though. Even when reality shows that not to be the case. You should get more in touch.
:lol:

I looked at South Tyneside earlier. 5 year JSA claimants were at 15 rounded to the nearest 5. The LA has a working age population of around 95k. There are always chancers and feckless but they are a tiny tiny minority.

15 piss takers in South Tyneside, really? Does that not sound a bit low to you? :lol:

I know your figures are too low to represent the true amount of scroungers as none of the scroungers I know would be included. They play the game enough never to be included.

I'll say this one final time - they're not my f***ing figures.

They obviously don't suit you, but they're official government ones, calculated from how many people they're paying benefits to.

Provide your own reliable ones, if you're still convinced there are more scroungers out there than the government is giving money to.

Otherwise, like I said earlier, it's pointless discussing this if I'm going to produce available facts, while others are simply going to make stuff up.

I'm not saying it's astronomical. It's more than you are suggesting that's all.

I'll say this one final time - they're not my f***ing figures.

They obviously don't suit you, but they're official government ones, calculated from how many people they're paying benefits to.

Provide your own reliable ones, if you're still convinced there are more scroungers out there than the government is giving money to.

Otherwise, like I said earlier, it's pointless discussing this if I'm going to produce available facts, while others are simply going to make stuff up.
They're not official govt career unemployment figures. They're govt figures you're using to represent the amount of career unemployed, I'm calling them your figures for simplicity, I'm not suggesting you counted them.

They're not official govt career unemployment figures. They're govt figures you're using to represent the amount of career unemployed, I'm calling them your figures for simplicity, I'm not suggesting you counted them.

And you're not coming up with anything to contradict them either, so this is a totally pointless discussion. The facts stand until disproved.

I'm not saying it's astronomical. It's more than you are suggesting that's all.

I have never actually suggested any figures despite you seeming to think i have. The government figures Tiptoad has provided sound fairly plausible. You don't seem to like them though. You also seem not to like the Random Blokes South Tyneside figures.

No, probably not,

But they are being paid benefits that they are choosing to spend on stuff other than food.

1% of people using food banks over 65. What does that suggest?
Who is ?

That people below 65 are really struggling and people over 65 are managing (possibly just) on their pensions ?

Last edited:
What's the relevance? Are you trying to suggest the unemployed don't receive enough in benefits to feed themselves? Barring admin cock ups, or benefit sanctions or the off other issue, the majority do not require food banks.

If you do not agree, tell me why, don't just reply with some crap about me not working hard today (despite being on annual leave).

Feel free to answer my question in post 415 if you want.

More sniping without merit, does it not get boring?

I know, it helps me, I'm grateful for it. Hadn't received a penny in my life, but I'm still very grateful for it, it comes in handy.

How much (per hour) would be a fair living wage, one where nobody would require recourse to public funds?
Do you actually believe the shite you spout or is it some sort of script? Repeating the same baseless simplistic moralising crap every time.

Andrew P speaking way too much truth for the SMB intelligentsia to handle. Good lad.

Genuine jobseekers dont stay jobseekers for too long.

Do you actually believe the shite you spout or is it some sort of script? Repeating the same baseless simplistic moralising crap every time.
That's original.

He hasn't come up with a single fact, never mind any truths, which would easily impress a numbnut like yourself.

The fact is the benefit system in England means nobody should starve. I can accept there might be a few exceptions, but people are suggesting a million people are using food banks, if that's actually true, then most have no real need to use the food bank as benefits should cover food.

It's obvious that if you're receiving circa £300 per month on top of your rent cost then you should be able to afford to eat, if you can't then you are choosing to spend it on the wrong things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back