Football has died

• Thread starter Deleted member 28618
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28618

Football today is crap. Pure shit IMO.

It doesn't matter which team you 'support' 'follow' or like - the whole show is diabolical.

The money involved, the egos, the media coverage, the 'standard of play' makes me wince.

Money, greed & egos have killed it.

In my ideal 'football world'

1. A player/manager/chairman/owner for Sunderland must have been born in the City to be eligible to play/own/manage/chair and have been resident in the City for at least 5 years prior to playing/owning/managing/chairing for the club.

2. Wage cap of £50k per year - and standard wages for all players/management/chairmen

3. No football agents (banned)

4. Ticket prices as low as possible

...I'm sure you get the picture

any thoughts?

RIP, thoughts go to its family at this difficult time, blah blah.

It doesn't matter which team you 'support' 'follow' or like - the whole show is diabolical.

The money involved, the egos, the media coverage, the 'standard of play' makes me wince.

1. A player/manager/chairman/owner for Sunderland must have been born in the City to be eligible to play/own/manage/chair and have been resident in the City for at least 5 years prior to playing/owning/managing/chairing for the club.

2. Wage cap of £50k per year - and standard wages for all players/management/chairmen

any thoughts?

Lay off the sherry and stay away from sharp objects.

any thoughts?
Yes, you need sectioning

This shite again, trotted out by pseudo-intellectuals when it's just down to their team being shite. The richest teams have always been the most successful. Remember the "Bank of England" club and the "Team of all talents"?

This is top level football you're on about and I agree with your points. Much more enjoyment, at a fraction of the price and inconvenience, to be found in lower league and non league footy.

any thoughts?
Not very often I agree with you but you're bang on with this, got to be applied world wide though so there's no incentive for talent to naff off to another country.

Ps. PF this shite

Football is alive and well. You just have to drop down several leagues to start enjoying it more.

The holy grail of Champion league football is now out of reach for almost every team. Money has put paid to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back