Football league centenary tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can only really remember the craic with the Tranmere fans and our typically bad performance. The main surprise was the lack of bother given the state of football back then.

Lack of London clubs only Palace and Wmbledon there.

If West Ham, Millwall, Spurs, Chelsea had qualified it would have certainly livened up proceedings.

Lack of London clubs only Palace and Wmbledon there.

If West Ham, Millwall, Spurs, Chelsea had qualified it would have certainly livened up proceedings.
Thats a valid point. Then again you would thought some of those would have welcomed a chance to have a pop at some dirty norveners taking liberties on their manor!!

Thats a valid point. Then again you would thought some of those would have welcomed a chance to have a pop at some dirty norveners taking liberties on their manor!!

Wimbledon had less than 50 fans there they were near us.

Even Brian Clough said it was pointless and didn't bother showing up

yeh i have after the mags lost about 15 of us plus few everton who we drank most day with afterwards it was dinner time ish .... winlaton mags past us outside a pub near wembley 10 or so big lads it was a stand off in middle of road nothing happend just verbals funny as owt all gateshead lads mags n us giving it the bigun everton watching us all laughing ...i new most of them they new us both hated each other but as i said nothing happend now that was a first in my time at a match between us n them ..highlight of the day was the young proclaimers re hibs twins in our end fact ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back