For anyone who doubts football isn't gaining in popularity here in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

How do those viewing figures compare to the major sports like basketball and american football?

Baseball gets about 1-1.5 million viewers, basketball gets 3-3.5 million viewers, and football gets 25+ million viewers for regular season games (these are all estimates). NFL Sunday Night Football is the highest rated show in the US.

Been looking to move to the US but your green card system puts me off. I am an IT professional with the relevant qualifications and last time I looked you had to jump through hoops!

What do you mean open season?
Was going to post something similar - had an absolute nightmare getting my work visa sorted, was often detained for several hours each time I came back into the country and had to put in hour upon hour at the embassy! Open border my arse!

It's good it's catching on. But surely 3.3 million in the USA is barely anything?
That's the equivalent of 750,000 people watching something on uk tv. 750,000 watch family guy on a weekday evening on BBC3.

...and I bet a section of the family guy support does not mock the rest for wearing family guy shirts with 'it's for the kids' comments.

Never understood why family guy supporters never make any f***ing noise, even though they have some great songs.

NBC is what my locals now showing the games on this season..........

Question for the English fans here: WTF is up with your silly work permit rules?

Ask the government. But I assume it's similar in the US. In order to protect the employment of British citizens from being undercut by cheap (non-EU) imports, only those that are at the top of the field are allowed entry to work.

Reading this and arelised i don't actually know what the rules are.

Turns out they must have played over 75% of their national teams competetive games in the last 2 years (provided not injured) and be from a country in the top 70 in the FIFA rankings.

The second bit of that is a bit odd imo as you could bring in a player and his country drop out of the top 70; you then have to go to a hearing to decide if he can carry on past his current permit.

Also about the top 70 bit, countries that have just entered the top 70 (or are about to) might be worth a look as it's likely no-one would have scouted them much before.

Been looking to move to the US but your green card system puts me off. I am an IT professional with the relevant qualifications and last time I looked you had to jump through hoops!

What do you mean open season?
Just go to Mexico and run across the border like the rest of them and your in;):lol: Do it the right way:evil::evil:

It's good it's catching on. But surely 3.3 million in the USA is barely anything?
That's the equivalent of 750,000 people watching something on uk tv. 750,000 watch family guy on a weekday evening on BBC3.

My thinking precisely. Evidence it's gaining but it's still below the viewing figures that non CG/OG swimming gets here.

A sport played primarily by girls and primary school kids for generations faces an uphill struggle to turn it's image around but good luck to them it's obviously going the right way.

Was going to post something similar - had an absolute nightmare getting my work visa sorted, was often detained for several hours each time I came back into the country and had to put in hour upon hour at the embassy! Open border my arse!

Depends what profession you have. If the skill set you bring into the country isn't considered inherent it is a painless and quick process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back