for or against

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on another thread about Norwich away and I mentioned that I fell out with some supporters over their choice of a certain song . It was something like we're going down with a wimper , now I know we were really shit that day against Norwich away and got beat but for fans to sing this just got to me. Has this happened to anyone else where you haven't agreed to this and actually said something or have you just let it go ?

Hang about, was this Norwich away under Poyet when we were an absolute disgrace to football? I didn't sing that chant but with that performance there was nothing wrong about it.

Been on another thread about Norwich away and I mentioned that I fell out with some supporters over their choice of a certain song . It was something like we're going down with a wimper , now I know we were really shit that day against Norwich away and got beat but for fans to sing this just got to me. Has this happened to anyone else where you haven't agreed to this and actually said something or have you just let it go ?
Muarry out chant at man city either 15point or 19 point season

Just snapped at the bairns all kicked soon after mind

Never seen the amount of hate come from a Sunderland end towards their own players as at full time that day :lol: was fully deserved, absolute shambles that day.

Never seen the amount of hate come from a Sunderland end towards their own players as at full time that day :lol: was fully deserved, absolute shambles that day.
I remember that aswell but that was at full time mate which they did deserve it but to sing that shit during it especially in the 1st half was a shitty I thought

not so much a chant but when half the South stand became bellends and actually booed one of our own ONTO the pitch really pissed me off. Rodwell may be shite but there's never any need to boo your player onto the field

chants wise, Corner flag a few games into last season. Some of Westy's keyboard casual mates singing about MH17. Sharp scarpered when 4 of us said something

That 'He stays who he wants' for Johnson and Bramble.

As for the chant the OP was talking about I think the fans were right. We sing about our love for our club, sing about our favourite players so why not sing when we are playing terrible with no fight?

not so much a chant but when half the South stand became bellends and actually booed one of our own ONTO the pitch really pissed me off. Rodwell may be shite but there's never any need to boo your player onto the field

chants wise, Corner flag a few games into last season. Some of Westy's keyboard casual mates singing about MH17. Sharp scarpered when 4 of us said something
I honestly don't think they were booing Rodwell coming on, they were booing that we were taking off Fletcher to bring on Rodwell immediately after we went 1-0 down.

I honestly don't think they were booing Rodwell coming on, they were booing that we were taking off Fletcher to bring on Rodwell immediately after we went 1-0 down.

might be my memory but I recall it dying down when Fletch went off only to resume loudly when Rodwell came on. Not to mention when he didn't score from a header, they booed again even though he'd made more of an impact than the full team had that day

This. Happened with Ji against Man Utd a few years ago as well. You can dislike players and think they're shite, but you NEVER boo them onto the pitch.

This. Happened with Ji against Man Utd a few years ago as well. You can dislike players and think they're shite, but you NEVER boo them onto the pitch.

Some of us have had the pleasure of seeing Andy Gray and Jon Stead lead the front line...

PDC did a really dick-ish move against MK Dons in the cup when Ji was having a shocker of a game by waiting 2 minutes into the second half before subbing him so he could hear the crowd boo him off instead of doing it at half time.

Absolute bellend.

That chant was meant to shame the players and inspire a reaction ....... I was there, joined in and don't regret it.

Mate I must have heard it every away for the last few years - people do get fed up. It's like getting pissed and vowing "Never again" - you always go back to it. Some regular awayday travellers have sadly packed it all in. I've no doubt they'll be back - eventually.

I'd have found it hard to disagree with him tbh. But we stayed up. Love it!

Mate I must have heard it every away for the last few years - people do get fed up. It's like getting pissed and vowing "Never again" - you always go back to it. Some regular awayday travellers have sadly packed it all in. I've no doubt they'll be back - eventually.

I'd have found it hard to disagree with him tbh. But we stayed up. Love it!
I've heard abuse given to players for years aswell mate and given some but my point was a few trying to make it into a song that was all, at the end of the day we're all in the same boat we just want to see us win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back