Four years ago if someone said to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why he needs his best possible team on the pitch, sadly he doesn't seem to know what it is.
That's because he doesn't do teams, just a philosophy (sh-t) and tactics ( more sh-t). Oh a there's a plan, fail to plan and you plan to fail. Is that what's wrong?

That's why he needs his best possible team on the pitch, sadly he doesn't seem to know what it is.

He's tried every striker...they continue to miss sitters.
He's tried all kinds of midfield combos and they still can't keep the ball...or create a lick.
The back 4 are injured usually and not consistent.

The only constant is Pantilimon the goalkeep :lol:

If Fletcher, Jozy, Wickham or Graham could just put away their sitters, we'd be 11th or 12th...that's just unacceptable from Prem League players!! Wickham's missed header was harder to miss the net than make it...and Fletcher and Jozy's, I bet half the Stadium puts them away!! :neutral:

We are not a side that can give up those missed chances!

Apart from Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City (3 really shit Champions League teams), we only lost one.

Of course! In all competitions we're 2-7-5 at home this season. Five of the draws and three of the losses were to top half teams. We've also lost to Stoke in the CC and Hull in the PL and we've drawn with Everton in the PL and Fulham in the FA. You could argue that we should have drawn or won some of those four games but then you'd have to concede that we probably should have lost to Chelsea, Spurs and ManU.

We may have not won often at home but a lot of top teams have found us hard to beat at home and that bodes well for the comparatively easy home schedule to finish out the season.

Of course! In all competitions we're 2-7-5 at home this season. Five of the draws and three of the losses were to top half teams. We've also lost to Stoke in the CC and Hull in the PL and we've drawn with Everton in the PL and Fulham in the FA. You could argue that we should have drawn or won some of those four games but then you'd have to concede that we probably should have lost to Chelsea, Spurs and ManU.

We may have not won often at home but a lot of top teams have found us hard to beat at home and that bodes well for the comparatively easy home schedule to finish out the season.
I've just spoken to Steve Bruce, he said that he wished Hull could play us every week!
2-7-5, I thought you could only have 11 players on the pitch at any one time.

He's tried all kinds of midfield combos and they still can't keep the ball...or create a lick.

If Fletcher, Jozy, Wickham or Graham could just put away their sitters, we'd be 11th or 12th...that's just unacceptable from Prem League players!! Wickham's missed header was harder to miss the net than make it...and Fletcher and Jozy's, I bet half the Stadium puts them away!! :neutral:

Can't agree more mate.

We have alot of the top teams away from home aswell by the way. We need points from them.

We could be if we actually played in a way to create more in games but we are not, we defend for for far too much of so many games.
What you are wanting is strikers to hit the net with just about the only chances they get in a match.

Not even the best of the best do that.

I've just spoken to Steve Bruce, he said that he wished Hull could play us every week!

For a period of time, we had ManC's number. And now we have the Mags'. It happens in sports, it's just unfortunate that our nemesis happens to be Bruce otherwise people would make less of it.

Great shout OP.. I was thinking similar recently.

If someone said 4 years ago we'd have Adam Johnson people would think you mad..never mind the other players!

We'd have Wes Brown, O Shea, Jack Rodwell, Adam Johnson, Jermaine Defoe, an Italian international and Argentinian International in the same squad.
I'd have been over the moon with that you would think it would mean we had a decent side surprises me we are as bad as we are with those players in the team/squad.

We might have just said "no thanks". Gyan, Henderson, Mig, Sess, Muntari were all here, alongside Mensah, Welbeck, Cattermole, Gordon and Malbranque, with Colback just coming through given we'd have known most of those would be over 32, that Rodwell hadn't lived up to his youth reputation and not known who the Italian international and Argentine was, given we already had one Argentinian international (Angeleri) on the books who made about as much impact as Alvarez and also didn't know how Muntari and Gyan would pan out. We also wouldn't know how we approached games.

Excellent point. If you said to me four years ago this would be a part of our team.

Johnson Rodwell Cattermole Larsson

Defoe

Splurt arl ower.

We could be if we actually played in a way to create more in games but we are not, we defend for for far too much of so many games.
What you are wanting is strikers to hit the net with just about the only chances they get in a match.

Not even the best of the best do that.

No...I want strikers to hit the net with chances my wife could put away...

Does the team create enough? No fuckin way!! But missing sitters like the ones we miss is like scoring for the other side!!

I agree, we are way to willing to defend...but I don't believe for one minute, Poyet is instructing them to back up to the 18 and let teams pass the ball around...if he is then he should have his ass kicked!! Jermaine Defoe is the only player on this team with an offensive mind set, I'll add in Johnson as well...the rest are grinders that will muck it up and put a tackle in...they just don't know how to create a goal! It's like a team full of DM's...unbalanced as fuck!!

No...I want strikers to hit the net with chances my wife could put away...

Does the team create enough? No fuckin way!! But missing sitters like the ones we miss is like scoring for the other side!!

I agree, we are way to willing to defend...but I don't believe for one minute, Poyet is instructing them to back up to the 18 and let teams pass the ball around...if he is then he should have his ass kicked!! Jermaine Defoe is the only player on this team with an offensive mind set, I'll add in Johnson as well...the rest are grinders that will muck it up and put a tackle in...they just don't know how to create a goal! It's like a team full of DM's...unbalanced as fuck!!
Watching them I can't help thinking that they really don't want to go near the opponents goal. Somewhat like a set of small children, looking up a dark hill they have climb......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back