Fracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jgrainger

Midfield
What are the actual dangers that make people oppose it?
We need to find alternative methods of gas etc and I can't really see the problem?

It's like most types of energy generation. People want the leccy on but don't want it generated around where they live. Until people stop using so much gas and electric we have to find some way of getting it that's not ridiculously expensive. As long as it is regulated strictly I'm ok with it.
I dont think there are any plans to frack in the northeast, but there are licences for underground coal gasification.

We need to find alternative methods of gas etc and I can't really see the problem?
The main thing people worry about is drilling under their homes and causing subsidence . It's not allowed of course

its possibly come at the wrong time?we`re seeing more and more sinkholes, people thinking that any fracturing of the bedrock(all fracking is from what i understand)could lead to even more

its possibly come at the wrong time?we`re seeing more and more sinkholes, people thinking that any fracturing of the bedrock(all fracking is from what i understand)could lead to even more
We're seeing the same amount of sinkholes as ever, not many

Are we? mebbes im just noticing the articles on them more.Got to admit im neither on way or another on fracking
Sinkholes couldn't be created be fracking anyway, but they are perhaps good as a scare story

Possibly minor subsidence and tiny earthquakes could be

Shows my ignorance then i always thought they were caused by mining
Nah, it's chalk or limestone (soft porous rock anyway) dissolving in water leaving a crust of earth on top, which suddenly breaks. Ripon is where it's at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back