Gary Breeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Gary's name gets read out before the one minute silence in December.
Would be class !
Rip lad
Had to smile thinking of the days in the 80' s trying to sneak into the Pilot Cuttter on a match day un noticed as 16/17 year olds in our gear was like a golfing trip on holiday
yellow/pink Lacoste tops and fila Tracy tops stood out a mile mad days !!!

Just heard the terrible news, R.I.P Burt . Will always have fantastic memories of playing with and against the lad and he truly was that good. Played in the France tournament with some great lads , all with brilliant football abilities and should have won it, if it hadn't been for the cheating French, but the crack and the laughs more than made up for that and you never forget things like that. Deepest condolences to Gary's family.

Just heard the terrible news, R.I.P Burt . Will always have fantastic memories of playing with and against the lad and he truly was that good. Played in the France tournament with some great lads , all with brilliant football abilities and should have won it, if it hadn't been for the cheating French, but the crack and the laughs more than made up for that and you never forget things like that. Deepest condolences to Gary's family.
It would have been Gary's 45th birthday today and lads from sunderland/South tynside/Washington/Durham turned out today in respect of the great lad. I for one will miss him and so will others. RIP Mr Gary Breeds.
Never be forgotten.

Bert's funeral is on Monday afternoon. I imagine there will be a huge turn out and rightly so. Roker Hotel afterwards, all welcome. Details in The Echo

Who did he play with at youth level and that? I've obviously saw the SAFC picture back up the page a bit but who did he play with for England etc? Anyone who went on to have a decent career in the game?

Most of the lads who played for Whitburn were involved with Sunderland boys at sometime, and a few of them had trials at different clubs. The lad who I played next to all the way through school , was Grant Brown. Was signed by Leicester city , then sold to Lincoln city and became their all time longest serving player. He is still at the club now as assistant manager.

Most of the lads who played for Whitburn were involved with Sunderland boys at sometime, and a few of them had trials at different clubs. The lad who I played next to all the way through school , was Grant Brown. Was signed by Leicester city , then sold to Lincoln city and became their all time longest serving player. He is still at the club now as assistant manager.
Played for Sunderland boys a few times with Grant Brown. Whitburn were class. I played for Lambton Street. Can't remember whether it was Whitburn or Doxford Park who were our big rivals.
Getting a bit mixed up with ages now lol.

we had a canny old side like that then I think it was doxy park after that - memory not what it was. last time I played against him was for durham county - friendly against safc youth team at the old durham city ground. In fairness he was probably on the slide a bit by then - we'd have been 18 I think.

[photo="medium"]2312[/photo]
Gary Breeds about 1976 at Redby school, my wife taught him and loved him, a real cheeky Charlie, she loved the naughty boys. She came in one day and said he was playing football in the school yard and she had never seen anything like it, she called over Geoff Matthews to tell him, Geoff he ran the school football team. A sad loss to his family and friends.

[photo="medium"]2312[/photo] Gary Breeds about 1976 at Redby school, my wife taught him and loved him, a real cheeky Charlie, she loved the naughty boys. She came in one day and said he was playing football in the school yard and she had never seen anything like it, she called over Geoff Matthews to tell him, Geoff he ran the school football team. A sad loss to his family and friends.
Your wife didn't tell the Seaburn lads off in a pub once for causing trouble did she?

[photo="medium"]2312[/photo] Gary Breeds about 1976 at Redby school, my wife taught him and loved him, a real cheeky Charlie, she loved the naughty boys. She came in one day and said he was playing football in the school yard and she had never seen anything like it, she called over Geoff Matthews to tell him, Geoff he ran the school football team. A sad loss to his family and friends.

I played in the same team as him at Redby. Geoff Matthews, brings back memories...Good photo, looks like a young Richard Dickens in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back