gealic games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to watch it at work to try and get into it, in this one particular game the keeper made a world class save and tipped it over the bar, the attacking team's score went up.
I stopped watching after that, but I get betting tips each week so I sometimes put a few quid on without knowing what's going on.

I used to watch it at work to try and get into it, in this one particular game the keeper made a world class save and tipped it over the bar, the attacking team's score went up.
I stopped watching after that, but I get betting tips each week so I sometimes put a few quid on without knowing what's going on.
Its 3 points for a goal under the bar and 1 point for over the bar

Caught the highlights of the tipp v Galway game on sky sports. It was a cracking.

Just been talking to the lad at the end of street. His family is from Kilkenny and surprise they are all hurlers

Does anyone watch these games on sky,theres 2 football games on today starting at 4.30
Sligo v cork followed by tipp v galway
For someone who plays the 'blarney card' you could have at least got the spelling right.

GAELIC

Apologies for my pedantry

For someone who plays the 'blarney card' you could have at least got the spelling right.

GAELIC

Apologies for my pedantry
Shite speller mate lol

So I play the blarney card because I like gaa,ffs​

Caught the highlights of the tipp v Galway game on sky sports. It was a cracking.

Just been talking to the lad at the end of street. His family is from Kilkenny and surprise they are all hurlers
Wednesday nights sky sports are showing gaa highlights,should be good

Kilkenny the real madrid of hurling lol

Not in to the football like but I like the hurling.

Up the banner!

The hurling is just about watchable; the football is utter shite.

I'm supposed to be going across after the WBA game to watch something at Croke Park on the Sunday (it's some GAA thing). My Irish marra has sorted the tickets, but tbh I'd rather go to Dundalk that day to watch Ireland's real world class sport - racing. ;)

Played Irish footy when I lived in the Cayman Islands, bizarre stuff like but decent craic. Not something I've retained a passion for I have to say, t could watch it on TV

Did you know that yanks that claim to be Irish-American outnumber the entire population of Ireland.

Did you know that yanks that claim to be Irish-American outnumber the entire population of Ireland.
and each and everyone of them is a dullard.

The amount if times the wife got their Irish story when we were there was ridiculous.

They got extremely upset as well when I pointed out that anything longer than parents doesn't count.

Some of them were quoting Irish blood dating back to the start of the 18th century. I've Irish grandparents and don't claim to be anything than English

Aye but you just combine them,so if a team has a scoeline of 1 6 thats just means 9 points

Yeah I know that, but what I'm saying is: Why not combine them like in rugby, why have two separate scores like: 2-4 0-3, I understand what it all means, just we don't have separate scores for tries and conversions, they could be combined before I need to remember how much for a goal and how much for a point.

Wouldn't mind playing it one day, just need to understand it!

Yeah I know that, but what I'm saying is: Why not combine them like in rugby, why have two separate scores like: 2-4 0-3, I understand what it all means, just we don't have separate scores for tries and conversions, they could be combined before I need to remember how much for a goal and how much for a point.

Wouldn't mind playing it one day, just need to understand it!
It's so they can show how many goals and how many points have been scored. I agree it should be combined but, they won't change the rules.

It took the GAA over 100 years to rescind the rule barring players who participated in other sports. It makes FIFA look positively radical and progressive man

It's so they can show how many goals and how many points have been scored. I agree it should be combined but, they won't change the rules.

It took the GAA over 100 years to rescind the rule barring players who participated in other sports. It makes FIFA look positively radical and progressive man

I suppose Ireland aren't fussed by it as they are all used to it. It is a very strange sport I must admit.

Some interesting games ahead now as we reach the business end of the season.

Fancy the 2 Ulster teams to get through on Sat night and Kerry should have too much for patchy Galway side on Sunday.

The Mayo Cork game has the potential to be a cracker. Cork have been poor since Dublin turned them over in the lge semi but the talent is there. Can Mayo find the will to go back to the well another time after all the recent disappointment? Should be an open game in the wide spaces of Croker. Fancy Mayo by a couple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back