George Clinton Funkadelic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickb2112

Striker
Did it.

I finally got to interview George Clinton. What a top bloke. Thought it wasn't going to happen at one point but did it after the show this evening. The band members were really canny too.

Even better, got to eat cheesecake at the side of the stage with the band members who were coming on and off stage towards the end of the show. Then standing on the stage at the back at the end during Atomic Dog. Must`ve been a good 30 people on stage at the end.

That was undoubtedly the Funkiest show I have ever seen. So much for the Academy`s strict curfew. They were still playing at 10:20pm after having already been on stage for 3 hours.

Brilliant evening by a brilliant band topped off by a chat with the man himself. :cool:

Did it.

I finally got to interview George Clinton. What a top bloke. Thought it wasn't going to happen at one point but did it after the show this evening. The band members were really canny too.

Even better, got to eat cheesecake at the side of the stage with the band members who were coming on and off stage towards the end of the show. Then standing on the stage at the back at the end during Atomic Dog. Must`ve been a good 30 people on stage at the end.

That was undoubtedly the Funkiest show I have ever seen. So much for the Academy`s strict curfew. They were still playing at 10:20pm after having already been on stage for 3 hours.

Brilliant evening by a brilliant band topped off by a chat with the man himself. :cool:
Sounds great, full house?

Good for you marra.

I've seen him interviewed when he could barely string three words together so hope you got something moderately coherent out of him.

I've also seen him in concert a couple of times and it's been rubbish. Just a complete mish mash, garbled, muddy mess. I hardly expect the Teutonic precision of Kraftwerk at a gig like that but it did nowt for me and I love the funk.

Amazing really and both a depressing and disappointing reflection of this board that a fellow member of the smb gets to meet an absolute legend of the music industry and a thread upon the subject gathers a mere three posts.

Well one mate. George Clinton is a legend.

Amazing really and both a depressing and disappointing reflection of this board that a fellow member of the smb gets to meet an absolute legend of the music industry and a thread upon the subject gathers a mere three posts.

This is the SMB, it's what happens (op should have mentioned UKIP)! Nice one Mick, it's nice to meet your heroes and they turn out to be canny people, who is the best / worst you have interviewed and why?

Did it.

What is your job?

Loads of people won't have heard of him. He is hardly a household name in the UK

Nice! I saw him two years ago in London thought it was brilliant. Didn't see him on Jools Holland. So much to ask him about if you got chance. Legend.

Good for you marra.

I've seen him interviewed when he could barely string three words together so hope you got something moderately coherent out of him.

I've also seen him in concert a couple of times and it's been rubbish. Just a complete mish mash, garbled, muddy mess. I hardly expect the Teutonic precision of Kraftwerk at a gig like that but it did nowt for me and I love the funk.

Bearing in mind he`d been on stage for nearly 3 1/2 hours and he`s 75 years old he was in a really jovial mood. He was very pleasant and answered everything I asked him. There were times I couldn`t understand his strong accent but I got the gist of what he meant. After the interview we spent time chatting about stuff in general and then he gave me a copy of his autobiography and signed it for me.

Great news from the interview is that he is working with Bootsy Collins, Fred Wesley and Maceo Parker together on a new Parliament album due out later this year:cool::cool::cool:

I know you like the Funky stuff and I can understand how the show could become unfocussed as there`s so much happening but I thought they were tight and spot on last night and the crowd clearly loved it. I`m still buzzing from the whole experience.

The bloke is a legend but next to no one on this board will have heard of him man. He is nowhere near a household name over here.
I have to agree. I mentioned his name to people at work and I got universal blank looks.
He never had a big mainstream his like James Brown or Sly and the Family Stone. His music was always a bit left of centre and maybe too weird for most but that`s what I love about it. He`s unpredictable and totally unique.

Absolutely tremendous show last night like, not usually my cup of tea at all but the whole set was outstanding. I was in a bit of state by the end, paying for it heavily today.

Did it.

I tried to be there for that show but I couldn't get to that

Left Breathless. This must be a first. We are on the
I tried to be there for that show but I couldn't get to that
That`s a shame. You missed a great night. They did these two.

Left Breathless. This must be a first...10o% agreement on music. A historic day bonded by the P-Funk :D

I like them but I'd imagine a lot will be unfamiliar to them ,don't see how that's a slight on the smb just how it is ,ask a crowded pub you'll get a similar response ,it wasn't sold out either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back