Giant House Spiders *warning graphic photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only spider I can get away with are those big "common garden spiders" that you get sitting in the middle of webs because a) they're f***ing huge and you can see them and not walk into them and b) they're quite bonny, especially the huge brutes.

Logon or register to see this image

One of those attached its web to the washing line in my garden, took some effort to remove it like. The amazing thing was that its main web was about two metres away in a conifer bush, I have no idea how it managed to do that. Fascinating creatures.

There was one of them in my bathroom the other week so I picked it up and hoyed it out the window. I don't usually mind them, but I wanted a shower and didn't feel as confident facing it in the nude.

Wise move. It could have got lost in the bush.

Now we have a cat I'm sure it just eats them all before we get to see them :cool:

There was one of them in my bathroom the other week so I picked it up and hoyed it out the window. I don't usually mind them, but I wanted a shower and didn't feel as confident facing it in the nude.

aye doing anything nude is a whole different proposition!

Usually attributed to the Daddy Long Legs and is total bollocks iirc.

It's attributed to daddy long legs spiders, harvestman spiders and craine flies.

You're right, it's complete bollocks. They can penetrate human skin and toxicology studies have revealed their venom is not particularly potent. Held up against a bench mark of Black Widows, they're pretty harmless.

Love spiders me. If I find one in the house I tend to try to tame it.

Saw a huge common garden one when mowing the lawn at the weekend tucking into a wasp it had caught. Had to applaud it as wasps go out of their way to ruin summer for people.

It's attributed to daddy long legs spiders, harvestman spiders and craine flies.

You're right, it's complete bollocks. They can penetrate human skin and toxicology studies have revealed their venom is not particularly potent. Held up against a bench mark of Black Widows, they're pretty harmless.

The fact that it was popularised as common knowledge by a Ricky Gervais dvd should probably set the alarm bells ringing even without the toxicology results.

The fact that it was popularised as common knowledge by a Ricky Gervais dvd should probably set the alarm bells ringing even without the toxicology results.

I heard that Ricky Gervais is one of the most toxic people in the world, but his bite his unable to penetrate human skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back