Half an hour of Kanye before realising it was shite
Jon Hopkins

Sunday

Django Django
Alt J
East India Youth
Jamie T
The Who - was going to go see half of chemical brothers but my feet were ruined

Think that's the most bands I've ever seen at Glastonbury normally get distracted

I'm absolutely dead ... With the long car journey back to the north east ahead

Loved every second of it be there next year with a bit of luck

Celebrity spot a dissapointing 2 - Phil Jupitus and then weirdly Miami Heat player Chris Bosh lanky bastard he is mind

On the way back now

Thursday I seen

Drenge
Wolf Alice

Friday I seen

The Cribs
James Bay
Jungle
Run The Jewels
The Libertines
Hot Chip

Saturday

Courtney Barnett
Ibeyi
Slaves
Young Fathers
Father John Misty
DFA1979
Jon Hopkins

Sunday

Django Django
Alt J
East India Youth
Jamie T

Think that's the most bands I've ever seen at Glastonbury normally get distracted

Celebrity spot a dissapointing 2 - Phil Jupitus and then weirdly Miami Heat player Chris Bosh lanky bastard he is mind

Yes lad.

I'll await my invite from you for next year.

On the way back now

Thursday I seen

Drenge
Wolf Alice

Friday I seen

The Cribs
James Bay
Jungle
Run The Jewels
The Libertines
Hot Chip

Saturday

Courtney Barnett
Ibeyi
Slaves
Young Fathers
Father John Misty
DFA1979
Jon Hopkins

Sunday

Django Django
Alt J
East India Youth
Jamie T

Good man, good effort there.

How?All the songs are ancient

Because he lives in today(cept the hair etc),whats the point in him getting out of bed if he really thinks his stuff is shit?

If he went out and played hit after hit from his back catalogue he would get accused of being lazy and living on former glories

I think some of his latest stuff is top notch bit there is always going to be a element of his fan base who are still stuck in 1979 and will never forgive him for breaking up The Jam

A fair size of his fan base have already decided they don't like his new albums before even listening to them

On the way back now

Thursday I seen

Drenge
Wolf Alice

Friday I seen

The Cribs
James Bay
Jungle
Run The Jewels
The Libertines
Hot Chip

Saturday

Courtney Barnett
Ibeyi
Slaves
Young Fathers
Father John Misty
DFA1979
Jon Hopkins

Sunday

Django Django
Alt J
East India Youth
Jamie T

Anyone who sees more than 3 bands at Glastonbury isn't getting battered enough. Shame on you.

Fair play kidda

Saturday was shite but I enjoyed the other days a lot.

Kanye Wests set had both the highlight and lowlight of the festival.

The low light was him, obviously. The highlight was the massive flag being held up in the crowd of his lass sucking off her ex (a screen grab from her sex tape) :lol:

That was brilliant mind

I was absolutely battered every night like invaded a stage somewhere on Saturday and could not tell you one thing I saw in shangri-la

f***ing hippy!

If he went out and played hit after hit from his back catalogue he would get accused of being lazy and living on former glories

I think some of his latest stuff is top notch bit there is always going to be a element of his fan base who are still stuck in 1979 and will never forgive him for breaking up The Jam

A fair size of his fan base have already decided they don't like his new albums before even listening to them
You are probably right re the bit about still being stuck in 1979. But it is ironic. The whole punk/ new wave movement was meant to rail against nostalgia...to be in the moment, so to speak. I find it amusing, tbh.

What i realised with him and The Stranglers is there are people who got into them after and didn't back track,my brother loves Weller and knows just the obvious Jam stuff from radio etc

You are probably right re the bit about still being stuck in 1979. But it is ironic. The whole punk/ new wave movement was meant to rail against nostalgia...to be in the moment, so to speak. I find it amusing, tbh.
It was gone before it came and within two years i was buying Japan albums:lol:,it was more about empowerment and not being part of the big machine for me rather than the music on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back