Glasto?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday was shite but I enjoyed the other days a lot.

Kanye Wests set had both the highlight and lowlight of the festival.

The low light was him, obviously. The highlight was the massive flag being held up in the crowd of his lass sucking off her ex (a screen grab from her sex tape) :lol:
Oh I wish I'd seen that!

Libertines as a surprise was amazing for me, and the Who were great but Lionel Richie absolutely stole the show. I saw:

Thursday
Drenge
Wolf Alice

Friday
The cribs
James Bay
Catfish and the Bottlemen
Jungle
Libertines
Hot Chip
Craig Charles

Saturday
Parts of slaves/strypes/waterboys
Everything everything
Spector
Paloma faith
Swim deep
Palma Violets
Enter shikari
Kanye West

Sunday
Lionel Richie
Parts of Alt-J, Twin Atlantic and Jamie T
The Who

Sleeping pattern ruined now and I feel awful!! Totally worth it.

Just sent home from work, apparently im more of a hinderence then a help today and next year/ next time I should look to take an extra days holiday :lol:

I saw...

Wednesday
Eavis doing Karaoke
Opening Ceremony

Thursday
Some random stuff in the stage just under the Park Stage, next to the silent disco?
Drenge
Wolf Alice
That other band after... people kept calling them different things
Coco and the Butterfields
Shangri La

Friday
Talk On Burma at the Speakers forum
The Charlatans
The Cribs
Everything Everything
Alabama Shakes
Glass Animals
Mary J Blige
Run The Jewels
Libertines
Circus Tent then Greenfields then Arcadia (I was on my way to Hot Chip ffs :lol:)
Secret Florence set in Block 9

Saturday
Sunset Sons
Circus Tent
Jane Weaver
The Strypes (In Part)
The Waterboys
Kate Tempest
Todd Terje
Kanye
Shangri La

Sunday
The Dalai Lama's Talk at the Stone Circle
Soak
Rae Morris
Twin Atlantic (Part of)
Fat White Family
Alt J
Paul Weller (Part of)
Death Cab
The Who
Underground Piano Bar/ Silent Disco

Drunk a ridiculous amount (hence stumbling off and missing Hot Chip :lol:) also missed almost everything I wanted too see but the food was good, the company great and I saw the Sunderland flag a few times which was great :D Time of my life easily

The people who run it are simply geniuses
They can put any shite on and people will lap it up as being cool, ironic or niche.
Dolly parton, Rolf Harris, Lionel Ritchie. Rather apt it is on a farm

GLASTO FOOD REVIEW

fuck the music it's all about the banging as fuck eateries

Twisted Burger Company (West Holts) - gourmet burger stall bit like Fat Hippo in Newcastle I believe they're based in Sheffield i had a single patty with cheese and their home made techno sauce was bloody lovely and a Glastonbury bargain at 6 quid wish I doubled up though 7 on 10

La Grande Bouffe or "the big nosh" for you uncultured folk (EE recharge tent area/near the glade) - orders La Royal - which was sausage cooked in a white wine sauce served with tartiflette absolutely unreal and very filling 8 quid a solid 9 on 10

Paelleria ( Pyramid to Other Stage path) - oooooof concession of the year in 2014 so it had a high rep 7 quid iirc but the best portion to price ratio at the festival for me went for the Chicken and Chorizo paella and was not dissapointed , plenty of the main event meat items there and not just all rice onion and pepper etc 9 on 10

But it wasn't all amazing you maybe thinking I'm lashing out high scores willy nilly here

Sausage Roll from the oggy stall (other stage) - 6 on 10 it's a sausage roll ... was 2 quid canny size i suppose and

Steak and Ale Pie from one of the crap pie stalls (West Holts area) was late at night was supposedly steak and ale served in a short crust pastry was more like a gravy and air pie supposed to be 5 quid got one for 2 pound 50 as it was 2am and they were closing 3 on 10 a shambolic performance

Children's Cafe - chips 2 quid!!! 2 f***ing QUID at a festival that's standard prices in the North East from a food vendor!!! They were shit standard vendor chips but score a 6 on 10 for price alone

NEE PICS AS I DIDNT ALWAYS HAVE A PHONE SOZ

@chunkylover53

Just sent home from work, apparently im more of a hinderence then a help today and next year/ next time I should look to take an extra days holiday :lol:

I saw...

Wednesday
Eavis doing Karaoke
Opening Ceremony

Thursday
Some random stuff in the stage just under the Park Stage, next to the silent disco?
Drenge
Wolf Alice
That other band after... people kept calling them different things
Coco and the Butterfields
Shangri La

Friday
Talk On Burma at the Speakers forum
The Charlatans
The Cribs
Everything Everything
Alabama Shakes
Glass Animals
Mary J Blige
Run The Jewels
Libertines
Circus Tent then Greenfields then Arcadia (I was on my way to Hot Chip ffs :lol:)
Secret Florence set in Block 9

Saturday
Sunset Sons
Circus Tent
Jane Weaver
The Strypes (In Part)
The Waterboys
Kate Tempest
Todd Terje
Kanye
Shangri La

Sunday
The Dalai Lama's Talk at the Stone Circle
Soak
Rae Morris
Twin Atlantic (Part of)
Fat White Family
Alt J
Paul Weller (Part of)
Death Cab
The Who
Underground Piano Bar/ Silent Disco

Drunk a ridiculous amount (hence stumbling off and missing Hot Chip :lol:) also missed almost everything I wanted too see but the food was good, the company great and I saw the Sunderland flag a few times which was great :D Time of my life easily

Some effort that mate. Absolute quality. Money's worth for sure.

Some effort that mate. Absolute quality. Money's worth for sure.

Oh definitely I havent included half the stuff I did, like Marching with the kazoo band wandering along or doing some blacksmithing in the greenfields area!

It wasn't as much of a run around despite at my list suggests either, We only ran between stages once and that was to get to Rae Morris because someone in the group wanted to see them. we got hopelessly lost getting to her set too!!

I spent a good few hours at the camp site drinking or browsing the place for food and stuff. Almost bought a didgeridoo :)lol:) and did by a palm reading at one point in my merry state :oops:

Genuinely brilliant

GLASTO FOOD REVIEW

fuck the music it's all about the banging as fuck eateries

Twisted Burger Company (West Holts) - gourmet burger stall bit like Fat Hippo in Newcastle I believe they're based in Sheffield i had a single patty with cheese and their home made techno sauce was bloody lovely and a Glastonbury bargain at 6 quid wish I doubled up though 7 on 10

La Grande Bouffe or "the big nosh" for you uncultured folk (EE recharge tent area/near the glade) - orders La Royal - which was sausage cooked in a white wine sauce served with tartiflette absolutely unreal and very filling 8 quid a solid 9 on 10

Paelleria ( Pyramid to Other Stage path) - oooooof concession of the year in 2014 so it had a high rep 7 quid iirc but the best portion to price ratio at the festival for me went for the Chicken and Chorizo paella and was not dissapointed , plenty of the main event meat items there and not just all rice onion and pepper etc 9 on 10

But it wasn't all amazing you maybe thinking I'm lashing out high scores willy nilly here

Sausage Roll from the oggy stall (other stage) - 6 on 10 it's a sausage roll ... was 2 quid canny size i suppose and

Steak and Ale Pie from one of the crap pie stalls (West Holts area) was late at night was supposedly steak and ale served in a short crust pastry was more like a gravy and air pie supposed to be 5 quid got one for 2 pound 50 as it was 2am and they were closing 3 on 10 a shambolic performance

Children's Cafe - chips 2 quid!!! 2 f***ing QUID at a festival that's standard prices in the North East from a food vendor!!! They were shit standard vendor chips but score a 6 on 10 for price alone

NEE PICS AS I DIDNT ALWAYS HAVE A PHONE SOZ

@chunkylover53

I appreciate the effort mate. Pics would have been nice but we can't always have what we want.

I drank half a bottle of vodka about halfway through the set so I can't really remember the end of it anyway :lol:

I was in a similar state, a box of wine led to me being ruined for Kanye... lost my mates and stood with some NZers, got talking and it turns out I was born in the same place as they are from (a tiny town about the size of Harrogate) so they gave me loads of free drinks, just what I didnt need... the sets abit of a blur although I remember being really bored with the lack of special guests and the really niche set list (this might not even be true)

Didn't even realise he was on a crane until I read it yesterday or that there was a stage invasion

Just remembered how bad James Bay was, complete and utter garbage.

La Grand Bouffe is indeed top nosh, although I was disappointed by the Paellaria (not enough chorizo). Best Pie was won by the Barnaby stall just off the main stage, although the sundries were poor.

Special thanks to Sunflower the camper van who, despite being 35 years old, got us there and back no problems and kept us in tea, toast and bacon sarnies on a morning.

EDIT - And which bellend changed the thread title to 'Glasto?'?

Oh definitely I havent included half the stuff I did, like Marching with the kazoo band wandering along or doing some blacksmithing in the greenfields area!

It wasn't as much of a run around despite at my list suggests either, We only ran between stages once and that was to get to Rae Morris because someone in the group wanted to see them. we got hopelessly lost getting to her set too!!

I spent a good few hours at the camp site drinking or browsing the place for food and stuff. Almost bought a didgeridoo :)lol:) and did by a palm reading at one point in my merry state :oops:

Genuinely brilliant

It is mate. Simply the best festival in the world.

The people who run it are simply geniuses
They can put any shite on and people will lap it up as being cool, ironic or niche.
Dolly parton, Rolf Harris, Lionel Ritchie. Rather apt it is on a farm

You dont have to listen to a single note to enjoy a few days at Glastonbury though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back