Going to church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww. You sound scared of them! Grow up.

They practice their faith. Does that scare you?
When did you last go to church or pray?

Would you actually class yourself as a practicing christian?
I'd have thought my starting the next bit with the word "Really" indicated that I wasn't being serious before then.

I'd have thought my starting the next bit with the word "Really" indicated that I wasn't being serious before then.

Colour me "whooshed"

Although you really shouldn't worry about it.
As far as religion and politics are concerned, I'm happy for people to have their opinions, so long as they don't force them on me.

I wouldn't force mine on them

You managed to avoid weddings, christenings and funerals too? Since you were born?

In churches, aye. I didn't go to a funeral until I was about 30, since when they've all been services at the crematorium and funeral parlour type places; everyone sings The Lord's My Shepherd or somesuch, but I'm not counting that as a church service. The weddings I've been to have been in odd locations like on boats or country houses and stuff, or I've just been to the night do. I've never been to a Christening or had one myself.

Reactions: PTR
Does anyone on here attend church on a regular basis? Been thinking of going for the last couple of days,however I've a really shit singing voice and don't want the congregation to take this piss.

I used to go out with a lad who was really religious and went with him a few times, was canny fun actually, they had proper songs, none of these hymns but everytime I'd go a different person would come up and speak to me about joining their church, it seemed very forced but they were nice, I got a nice red bible as well.

He turned out to be an arsehole like.

I used to go out with a lad who was really religious and went with him a few times, was canny fun actually, they had proper songs, none of these hymns but everytime I'd go a different person would come up and speak to me about joining their church, it seemed very forced but they were nice, I got a nice red bible as well.

:lol:So was not very Christian at all in reality.;)

I was brought up in a strict Catholic background and went to Church every Sunday and Holy days. I don't go to church now but still believe in God. I'm more worldly in my spiritual beliefs now, follow the good bits in many religions about love, charity, brotherly love, etc and still love Jesus but I'm not a bible basher.:)

I was brought up in a strict Catholic background and went to Church every Sunday and Holy days. I don't go to church now but still believe in God. I'm more worldly in my spiritual beliefs now, follow the good bits in many religions about love, charity, brotherly love, etc and still love Jesus but I'm not a bible basher.:)
It was a Christian church but they had like a rock band on and the lad I was seeing would usually sing there :lol:

They sometimes had a buffet which was canny

Explains the celibate lifestyle.

I'm not particularly religious, but I've never minded going for weddings, baptisms, etc.

I like the idea of community that places of worship seem to foster-- you gather with like-minded people, sing a few songs, and have a cuppa after. Like going to the footie, but less swearing.

It'll take a lot longer than 3 days for us to rise again too marra.

It's not less people being Christians, just we've been flooded by the muzzies man :evil:

Really, we'll still be a Christian country so long as we have a monarch performing the duties of Head of State and Head of the CoE.

I think it is something generally on the decline. Out of my group of friends, people I work with and the lads I play football with, I only know of two church goers. One of those is not an every week attender. I get the impression that in my parents generation almost everyone used to go.

I think it is something generally on the decline. Out of my group of friends, people I work with and the lads I play football with, I only know of two church goers. One of those is not an every week attender. I get the impression that in my parents generation almost everyone used to go.
My point was more of a technicality really. Even if just 10% of people in the UK went to church, we'd still be a Christian country so long as our Head of State is also the Head of the CofE. Church's started to become more of a social thing in the 20ht century fo rmost, and once trasnport became prevalent enough to link people with more places in shorter times, people no longer felt the need to do all the local community activities such as church, so that now it really is just those who believe that go. And they don't necessarily go every Sunday.

As I'm catholic try and go to mass as often as I can. Normally usually go once every two weeks, because of work commitments. My mum thinks I am good girl and assumes I go twice a week :oops::lol:

Although during lent I did go nearly day.

My husband decided to convert when we got married (or as he said he turned to the dark side) but only attends mass when there is a wedding or funeral.

He's the one I usually blame if we don't get on a Sunday morning because we end getting a bit errrr distracted and "accidentally" forget to go. I usually end saying to him "if mum rings at 10.00 don't answer the phone as we supposed to be at mass" :oops:

I was christened and brought up Catholic and made to go to church every Sunday and holy day.as I got older lost the faith so to speak.none of my three kids were christened,didn't seem right pressganging them into something I didn't believe in.they are all up now and don't bother with religion either and none of their kids are christened either.I go to church for weddings and funeral etc out of tolerance and respect for other people's view,don't enjoy it though apart from the singing.

:lol::lol:

This. And you don't have to be a Christian to attend church.;)
Aye,tramps go there for soup and stuff.

A bit like me. Catholic - but lapsed. I still like Christian values but deplore silly rules that the Catholic Church suggests.

A Christian society is a good one in my opinion.

Amazing the amount of foreign footballers that do a 'sign of the cross' is unbelievable. Lots of South Americans? Italians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back