Going to church

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye. Mind if the attention put into the silly rules and some quite pointless religious practice's was instead put into helping the less fortunate in the real world then it would improve the church. It's far too much of an institution rather than a way to live life.
The church that was near my old house was pretty good at helping the less fortunate (A basic CofE Church, not High Church, nor Evangelical, nor the wailing tongues type). There would be meals provided for the elderly and lonely at Christmas, Easter and various other Sundays through the year. They would provide food and clothes and run soup kitchens for the homeless in London every 3-4 weeks or so; and the vicar did a lot of counselling/comforting the old, lonely and ill in his parish whether they attended church or not.

The church that was near my old house was pretty good at helping the less fortunate (A basic CofE Church, not High Church, nor Evangelical, nor the wailing tongues type). There would be meals provided for the elderly and lonely at Christmas, Easter and various other Sundays through the year. They would provide food and clothes and run soup kitchens for the homeless in London every 3-4 weeks or so; and the vicar did a lot of counselling/comforting the old, lonely and ill in his parish whether they attended church or not.
Christianity at it best.

Aye, it feels false to me and I find it very off putting.
I prefer a good old Mass said in Latin. Ha.

This is more what the church should be about rather than playing religious politics,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back