Good piece on DA and LC in the echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indeed as it reveals who was actually responsible for Advocaat.............

"It was ex-Dutch international Hans Gillhaus, Sunderland’s head of European scouting, who broached the left-field suggestion of Dick Advocaat."

"Gillhaus had an inkling that he might and Congerton began to take soundings from elsewhere, including Sir Alex Ferguson who rubbished suggestions that Advocaat was past his prime and heartily encouraged the Sunderland sporting director to proceed."

"Congerton’s ex-Hamburg colleague Frank Arnesen – a close friend of Advocaat – then began to make overtures to the 67-year-old about the possibility of moving to Sunderland."

"It was ex-Dutch international Hans Gillhaus, Sunderland’s head of European scouting, who broached the left-field suggestion of Dick Advocaat."

"Gillhaus had an inkling that he might and Congerton began to take soundings from elsewhere, including Sir Alex Ferguson who rubbished suggestions that Advocaat was past his prime and heartily encouraged the Sunderland sporting director to proceed."

"Congerton’s ex-Hamburg colleague Frank Arnesen – a close friend of Advocaat – then began to make overtures to the 67-year-old about the possibility of moving to Sunderland."
Fucks sake man. Give the bloke a break.....

the art of being a good businessman is being a good middleman

Dear me, you were saying it was Short a minute ago. It's quite clearly Congerton and his team. You have an agenda here, not sure why. It's a message board phenomenon when people make up stuff to support their views i.e. you saying 'it was quite clearly Short' in choosing Advocaat based on precisely nowt. You then see its Congerton and his team and you still use it against him. For me, theres good and bad in Congerton's performance, for you there is some strange agenda to prove he's incompetent.

Conclusive proof who it was down to..........even better that you posted it........good article.................

For crying out loud, you were saying it was Short a minute ago. BTW.....putting......in every sentence...doesn't make you more.....convincing....or....hide your inconsistencies. To clear it up the article says it was Congerton's team - just as well he's got a good team together - lets hope it helps with the next appointment.

Dear me, you were saying it was Short a minute ago. It's quite clearly Congerton and his team. You have an agenda here, not sure why. It's a message board phenomenon when people make up stuff to support their views i.e. you saying 'it was quite clearly Short' in choosing Advocaat based on precisely nowt. You then see its Congerton and his team and you still use it against him. For me, theres good and bad in Congerton's performance, for you there is some strange agenda to prove he's incompetent.

No I wasn't I was saying Short has done 2/3 times what Congertons done once..............MON/PDC/POYET...........all I said was he was clearly also involved with Advocaat.

And we now have proof Advocaat was down to others than Congerton anyway.............

For crying out loud, you were saying it was Short a minute ago. BTW.....putting......in every sentence...doesn't make you more.....convincing....or....hide your inconsistencies. To clear it up the article says it was Congerton's team - just as well he's got a good team together - lets hope it helps with the next appointment.

Again read that's not what I said at all................I said Short was clearly involved but Shorts also done something 2/3 times you are singing Congertons praises for......

Proof that he is effective in his job. Good contacts, good network of advisors, the ability to bring in the right people using this network. All positive...
Straws clutching at...........

Its good to see our Sporting Director takes advice from real football men.

No I wasn't I was saying Short has done 2/3 times what Congertons done once..............MON/PDC/POYET...........all I said was he was clearly also involved with Advocaat.

And we now have proof Advocaat was down to others than Congerton anyway.............

Again read that's not what I said at all................I said Short was clearly involved but Shorts also done something 2/3 times you are singing Congertons praises for......

Straws clutching at...........

Apologies I misread your post - I still feel that Congerton deserves credit for Dick's appointment - that article shows it comes from Congerton and his team, the same team to do the next appointment.

Its brilliant you giving the prosecution the evidence on a plate that blows your case to smithereens.................. :lol:

Apologies I misread your post - I still feel that Congerton deserves credit for Dick's appointment - that article shows it comes from Congerton and his team, the same team to do the next appointment.
Possibly mate but hes only done what Shorts done before him and that article shows where the actual idea and contact came from and its other folk..............

Lets see if these other folk can rustle up a good replacement for old Dick.................

Canny! So we've got a DoF willing to seek, listen and take advice from others, with good standing in the game, before ultimately making the right decision. Sounds like we've got a good'un.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back