Got an interview at Nissan this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddmeister

Reserve Squad
Hi all,

Lost my job a few weeks back. Applied on-line to Nissan last week (Manufacturing staff) and have since done the on-line mechanical & reading test, did my skills test and line trial yesterday and have an interview this Saturday.

Just wondering if anyone working there, or who started recently can tell me what to expect from the interview? What type of questions should I prepare for? It's been about 15 years since I last had a proper job interview so not really sure what to expect.

Also the lady on the phone said she'd put me into the "paint schedule" because that's the area where I did my line trial. Does that just mean one of the guys from that department will be doing the interview?

Many Thanks

Don't work there but in my experience you should gen up on the company and what it stands for and aims are. They must have a 'strap line' which will give you an idea.

Did you have a choice as to what area you could go into, if so why did you pick that one. They will be more interested in what you know about the company at this stage and what your skills are. Be prepared for them to put you into an area where they are short and don't turn the fucker down ffs.

Go in with a smile on your face and enjoy it! Nobody likes a miserable twat!

My pal worked at Nissan, said they take a tough approach on breaks, on the dot back to work and not very long. Said he lost 6 stone and once farted in the production line so hard that one of the Eco friendly cars drove itself out the factory

Don't work there but in my experience you should gen up on the company and what it stands for and aims are. They must have a 'strap line' which will give you an idea.

Did you have a choice as to what area you could go into, if so why did you pick that one. They will be more interested in what you know about the company at this stage and what your skills are. Be prepared for them to put you into an area where they are short and don't turn the fucker down ffs.

Go in with a smile on your face and enjoy it! Nobody likes a miserable twat!

I thought there were very few Japanese people actually working there ?

My pal worked at Nissan, said they take a tough approach on breaks, on the dot back to work and not very long. Said he lost 6 stone and once farted in the production line so hard that one of the Eco friendly cars drove itself out the factory
Pretty obvious since it's a production line you can't just rock up 5 minutes after your break has finished.

interview won't be out difficult. If they ask tell them shift work is no problem, your happy enough doing any short notice overtime and Ya can't go wrong. All they want is to see you can communicate, work as part of a team and come across as someone not afraid to put the graft in.

Passing the line trial and medical is the most important bits and knowing you'll graft your arse off and work all the hours they make you work.

I thought there were very few Japanese people actually working there ?

I don't know about on the lines but I've spent quite a bit of time in the Engineering, Production & QA offices over the years working for suppliers & occasionally as a direct contractor to Nissan & there always seems to be quite a few moving around in groups up there.

I don't know about on the lines but I've spent quite a bit of time in the Engineering, Production & QA offices over the years working for suppliers & occasionally as a direct contractor to Nissan & there always seems to be quite a few moving around in groups up there.

So just wandering about not actually working.

My pal worked at Nissan, said they take a tough approach on breaks, on the dot back to work and not very long.

Yeah we had a break when I did my line trial. 15mins but really more like 5mins by the time you walk to and from the break room. That's not what would bother me to be honest. I'm coming from a totally different working environment, but I've always worked at places where it's an unwritten rule that you are expected not to take breaks, don't take a lunch hour rather just eat lunch at your desk working through, start work at least half an hour before you're actually meant to be there etc. etc. It's more the mind numbing repetitiveness that I think I'll struggle with. I guess it's just a case of trying to switch off and keep your head down

When I was interviewed there was 5 of the management team asking questions, basically consisted of giving examples of how you have worked in a team, leadership qualities, how flexible are you, working under pressure, stuff like that. I got the job but luckily I didn't take up their offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back