Got an interview at Nissan this Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what sort of work you looking for mate? are you out of work at minute? PM if you don't want to put it on here

Hi, yes I lost my job a month ago. My background has always been in sales for electrical wholesalers, selling to electrical contractors & the trade. I was kind of looking at the Nissan thing to get away from that and try something totally different. Open to anything really

Feel for you @toddmeister. Keep on trying.

I am in it seems so we have one success. Filled out the form and saw a guy who outlined my task. It is zero hours an just at the Port of Tyne Tyne and hours are flexible. I think he said the shift hours can be over what you perhaps were told. I can also work weekends and nights. Night's will be tough. How can I prepare myself for night shifts mentally, emotionally and physically?

Next week will be a 1 hour presentation and I will show how good I can park.

Looking forward to thing though. Just nervous about the prospect of working nights.

Nights are nothing to worry about.

Try to get a few hours sleep before your first one. After you have done one or two shifts you will have a decent idea of how much sleep you need and when you need it.

Take some decent bait in with you and try to stay active or the tiredness will start to creep in.

I am in it seems so we have one success. Filled out the form and saw a guy who outlined my task. It is zero hours an just at the Port of Tyne Tyne and hours are flexible. I think he said the shift hours can be over what you perhaps were told. I can also work weekends and nights. Night's will be tough. How can I prepare myself for night shifts mentally, emotionally and physically?

Looking forward to thing though. Just nervous about the prospect of working nights.

jesus wept it's driving f***ing cars ffs not parachuting into Syria ;)

I am in it seems so we have one success. Filled out the form and saw a guy who outlined my task. It is zero hours an just at the Port of Tyne Tyne and hours are flexible. I think he said the shift hours can be over what you perhaps were told. I can also work weekends and nights. Night's will be tough. How can I prepare myself for night shifts mentally, emotionally and physically?Looking forward to thing though. Just nervous about the prospect of working nights.

I used to work nights on the railways and pretty much all we did was kip and get paid for it, but I would say that working nights you have to abandon any idea of a social life and get used to the idea of making do with far too little sleep every day.

I didn't get in. Just had an email to say I haven't been successful. Pretty gutted after feeling quite confident about it.

Sorry to hear that mate. Try to get in at one of the suppliers. It is usually agency work but the work will generally be easier.

Thanks fella's,

I've been on their site, does this look like the Unipres jobs.... http://www.pin-point.co.uk/jobs/ind010011

The thing is they are looking for people with at a least 1 years experience & I've never done any automotive manufacturing roles before.

Can't seem to find much on the NAC group jobs, anyone got in through them can point me in the right direction?

Thanks again

Pinpoint has the Unipress contract and I work somewhere else through them. Just lie about the experience they won't actually check.

Edit: That could be our place like.

Last edited:
I used to work nights on the railways and pretty much all we did was kip and get paid for it, but I would say that working nights you have to abandon any idea of a social life and get used to the idea of making do with far too little sleep every day.

It ain't about a social life - I don't have one. It is about adjustment to a new work pattern.

Thanks fella's,

I've been on their site, does this look like the Unipres jobs.... http://www.pin-point.co.uk/jobs/ind010011

The thing is they are looking for people with at a least 1 years experience & I've never done any automotive manufacturing roles before.

Can't seem to find much on the NAC group jobs, anyone got in through them can point me in the right direction?

Thanks again

Yeah that looks like it, just ring up and try you're luck. The worst that can happen is they say no. NAC also have a few lads working there on the quality side of things

Nothing to worry about with regards to nights, I work days lates and nights and I think I prefer nights if I'm honest. First one of the week is hard but after that it's fine

Last edited:
From what I remember the staff at port of tyne are agency ...as and when needed.....they get you in for a small test then ask if you can work Sunday night...that scares a few off and they never get a phone call again

From what I remember the staff at port of tyne are agency ...as and when needed.....they get you in for a small test then ask if you can work Sunday night...that scares a few off and they never get a phone call again

Why Sunday nights hardly the most glamorous night to be out

I'd work the Sunday night shift

Fortunately I don't have to do that test. It will be just a 1hr presentation and then a go in probably a Quasqai to test my parking skills.

Just got a call from the NAC Outsourcing. Got an induction tomorrow at 9:00 and ends at about 2:00. No idea what is involved so you can imagine in an dead nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back