Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannavaro for the whole of the 2006 world cup

Oliver Kahn for the whole of the 2002 world cup

Ronaldo for the whole of the 2002 world cup

Richard Dunne vs Russia

Ji Sung Park vs Chelsea (2011) and AC Milan(
) . Also Arsenal every time he played them

O'Shea vs Newcastle and Man City for us pretty much every time we play them. Similarly Larsson.

Arjen Robben vs Spain world cup 2014

Neymar vs Croatia world cup 2014

Ochoa for the whole of the 2014 world cup

Johnny Haynes for Fulham against us in the FA Cup at Roker in 1969. We were in top division, they were rockbottom of 2nd.
Best performance I have ever seen. He totally murdered us single handed. Finished 1-4.

Rivaldo vs Valencia in 2001, hat trick in the last game of the season including an overhead kick winner from outside the box in the 90th minute to get them into the Champions League as well as two goals from 25 yards plus.

Collymore against us for Southend and then Forest (I can remember the Forest one more vividly)

I remembering him murdering Bally in one of the games. Bally kept getting too close, Collymore was too strong and kept rolling him time and time again and bally wasn't learning his lesson.

The vitriolic abuse thundering down from the stands was quite something.

Claudio Reyna had a canny little run out against Leicester. ran the gam scored two from outside the box and hit the post with a third.

Rivaldo vs Valencia in 2001, hat trick in the last game of the season including an overhead kick winner from outside the box in the 90th minute to get them into the Champions League as well as two goals from 25 yards plus.

That overhead kick was something else

Alex Sabella for Sheff Utd in the the 3-2 win against us at their place.

Roy Keane for ManU against us in the 2-2 draw at the SoL. He was incredible that day.

Lee Sharpe destroyed us one year at OT but I think that was more down to the kid we had at right back (Williams I think). Was possibly his debut. The game was over by half time 3-0 all from Sharpe runs down the left.

One more, Georgi Kinkladzi (?) City v Southampton - unplayable

Claudio Reyna for the USA v Germany in the 2002 World Cup - Germany won iirc but Reyna was outstanding.

Lionel Messi away at in the Bernabau in the Champions League semi final 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back