Growing up in Sunderland

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

its really quite sad, that I grew up in Sunderland...Middle Herrington to be precise, yet I've been looking through the nostalgic photos thread and I really don't recognize a lot of the photos of the town.
I know I moved away in 1982 when I was 17 and have visited sporadically since, but I really have no memory of some of the buildings that have been posted. Is that normal?

Better than STID & Co in Jarrow and Hebburn.

Both of my early childhood houses have long gone ( Southwick Rd and around the corner in Pilgrim St ) but I can still remember them vividly, I can remember the local fish shop ( John's not Crozier St) I can remember the old Riley that was abandoned in the back lane that we used to play in ( I remember crying my eyes out when it was towed away) I can even remember the wallpaper on my bedroom wall. Think we moved out in 1975. On the other hand I've just went upstairs for something and cannot for the life of me remember what....
If you remember let me know, I might be looking for the same thing .

I wish I could forget Sunderland. It's pewer gash.

Aye had terrible childhood me. The countryside with woods, fields and a river were all within a mile of my house. The seaside was a full 4 miles away. A town with many good people with a sense of community and a football team to watch at the weekend.

My old senior school is now houses like but ho hum.

Aye had terrible childhood me. The countryside with woods, fields and a river were all within a mile of my house. The seaside was a full 4 miles away. A town with many good people with a sense of community and a football team to watch at the weekend.

My old senior school is now houses like but ho hum.

We used to spend hours raking around the woods by the river at South Hylton, then walk up to the golf course scouring the deck for golf balls.....There was always some twat on the north side of the river taking pot shots with an air rifle mind

We used to spend hours raking around the woods by the river at South Hylton, then walk up to the golf course scouring the deck for golf balls.....There was always some twat on the north side of the river taking pot shots with an air rifle mind

Me anarl mate, I was a poshie from Hastings Hill like. We used to go to the Black Woods and Pensha Woods anarl, happy days :)

I grew up in East Herrington and, even though I now reside in Yorkshire, drive through The Herringtons twice a week.

It's a bit of a nostalgia trip to be honest.

The hill, parks, places where I got my head kicked in. It's all there

Colliery, St. Aidan's Church (proper big one) gone.

I haven't driven through for a while, last of our grandparents passed away about 12 years ago so I'd prefer to remember it from when I was a kid.

We used to spend each school holiday playing at the 'clubbies' (club grounds), hill, woods, wandering around trying to avoid the 'pit lads'!

Ya daft owld twat!

And they all congregate at Sainsburys in Silky! Worth paying the extra for a bit perv about.
Youre a strange unit you like.sainsburys in fuckin silky! Stroll on.nee wonder I get nowt, I'm prowling ability supplies!

It was the police, ya thieving twats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back