Guardian Readers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit it takes a special kind of kernt to read the Guardian. Especially when they beat the drum about tax avoidance despite GMG, their own parent company, who aggressively avoid tax.

Isn't that a good thing?

Would you rather that they pushed the agenda of their parent company?

Meritocracy? No f***ing shit. Someone quickly throw a random tenuous comment in about rape so everyone can get back to discussing how women are treat unfairly. -yawn-

You can't decry something as tenous because it doesn't fit into your definition of feminism. Rape is a feminist issue. Period (Giggle).

The argument there is that gender roles are enforced by many parents at a young age and too many girls are not enabled or encouraged to pursue a discipline like engineering.

And can you imagine the uproar on here if some woman was ruining their crack at work?

It was odd in the extreme. Isn't the conviction rate something like 2-3%?

Then the odd counter argument which was to question my position on false accusations, which I view as an almost equally life-ruining crime purely because the spectre of an impossibly low conviction rate hangs over it, meaning people still assume you may have done it.

About 6 percent, which is shocking but similar to other violent crimes.. Just for different reasons. Feminist campaigners, those horrible people the OP can't stand, have given practical advice to police on how to collect evidence and deal with victims and it's made an improvement where it's been implemented. In a lot of cases it hasn't been implemented though. As far as a specially set up task force the police set up to investigate sexual assaults and rapes, and one of its detectives got done for deliberately not investigating any cases :eek:

If they're gonna go on the offensive regarding tax avoiders then they should also target their parent company in their articles, but they don't.

Or can't - because it's their parent company.

Surely your issue here with with the parent company, and not the publication who regularly goes after tax avoiders?

Or can't - because it's their parent company.

Surely your issue here with with the parent company, and not the publication who regularly goes after tax avoiders?

It is hypocritical of them, but better than not going after tax avoidance schemes at all. Theoretically the Grauniad could end up pressuring the government into closing loopholes that stop the parent company avoiding tax...

If they're gonna go on the offensive regarding tax avoiders then they should also target their parent company in their articles, but they don't.

I'd never heard about this before you mentioned it so I Googled it and I've just read a very interesting article about it. .. on the Guardian website.

The argument there is that gender roles are enforced by many parents at a young age and too many girls are not enabled or encouraged to pursue a discipline like engineering.

And can you imagine the uproar on here if some woman was ruining their crack at work?

It was odd in the extreme. Isn't the conviction rate something like 2-3%?

Then the odd counter argument which was to question my position on false accusations, which I view as an almost equally life-ruining crime purely because the spectre of an impossibly low conviction rate hangs over it, meaning people still assume you may have done it.
Incidentally, I work in engineering, and the girls I referred to previously as being exceptional in their field are all fully qualified, paid up engineers, some of whom are also in high-up leadership positions and are well rewarded for their abilities. They are most definitely not being subjugated by men. If they are good at what they do, they progress quickly, and a lot are actually setting the agenda within the company. That was the point I was trying to make.

Look at the NUT. The NUT = Trotskyites

Public sector workers = Guardian readers
You really have a problem with people standing up for themselves dont you? Id hate to work in the same place as you.

Btw when I worked in a rather large, well known architects office, the vast majority of people in there read the guardian including several company directors at lunchtime etc.

Yet again your generalisations are way off the mark. The NUT rep at my place reads the telegraph as well, another blow to your paranoid postings.

You really have a problem with people standing up for themselves dont you? Id hate to work in the same place as you.
Not at all. I have a problem with any organisation where the typical member thinks like, I dunno, Leicestermackem off here. Enemy within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back