Gus Bus or Moyes' Motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Twin Resorts

To all those who want to disembark from the Gus Bus and join the Moyes Motor.

Gus did perform a minor miracle last year and he did take us to a Cup Final. All is not lost for goodness sake. Three more points and we'd be in the top half. Yesterday was a shambles and I was ashamed, but so was Gus. Hopefully, lessons will have been learned from it and our manager will be working overtime to try and put it right. We owe Gus time and our backing. Sacking managers like there's no tomorrow doesn't seem to work. We need to be in this for the long-run. It may not seem like it after the hurt of yesterday, but Gustavo Poyet is an intelligent manager learning his trade. Yesterday he will have learned a lot and hopefully we will reap the benefits of his ever growing experience. Keepthe faith and forget the Moyes' Motor!

Gus bus for me. Said on another thread that Moyes feels like yesterday's man and his time at United reflects very badly on him. If things become desperate I'd go for Pulis as a firefighter anyway. If we are still talking about long term vision then I wouldn't go for Moyes.

.... but Gustavo Poyet is an intelligent manager learning his trade. Yesterday he will have learned a loT.......

Where's the evidence that he's an intelligent manager........he had two weeks with almost all of his first team squad to prepare for a match and his team was a shambles. He doesn't appear to know who his best players are, how to get the best out of them or how to line them up. He's already told us what he's learnt about his players......and his part in recruiting them. All he's done is abrogate responsibility.......shrugging his shoulders and pointing the finger of blame elsewhere.

We'll see what Gus is made of next week. Sadly, you can't dismiss an 8-0 humping as a 'bad day at the office'. For professionals to throw in the towel like that suggests a deeper malady, which of course triangulates with the curious comments Gus made to the press about the state of our club, last Winter.

Take a step back and look at the wreckage. Some of these players have seen off previous managers, too. Bruce, O'Neill and PDC. Is there any point is stacking up yet another managerial casualty, if the problem lies elsewhere? It's a recurring theme at the club. How will Gus deal with that?

Its only one f***ing dodgy result, nobody needs to go anywhere.

Although when it does happen in the future i wouldnt mind boarding Nevilles Navigator.

Where's the evidence that he's an intelligent manager........he had two weeks with almost all of his first team squad to prepare for a match and his team was a shambles. He doesn't appear to know who his best players are, how to get the best out of them or how to line them up. He's already told us what he's learnt about his players......and his part in recruiting them. All he's done is abrogate responsibility.......shrugging his shoulders and pointing the finger of blame elsewhere.
He's way out of his depth.

I would rather hitch a ride in Bruce's Banger than ever spend another waking moment on the Gus Bus.

Howard Wilkinson.....we could get Steve Cotterill as his assistant, if we're lucky.

Anyone?

We'll see what Gus is made of next week. Sadly, you can't dismiss an 8-0 humping as a 'bad day at the office'. For professionals to throw in the towel like that suggests a deeper malady, which of course triangulates with the curious comments Gus made to the press about the state of our club, last Winter.

Take a step back and look at the wreckage. Some of these players have seen off previous managers, too. Bruce, O'Neill and PDC. Is there any point is stacking up yet another managerial casualty, if the problem lies elsewhere? It's a recurring theme at the club. How will Gus deal with that?
But Poyet has had a full year to have a clear out or finish the job started by Di Canio. Who do you suggest are the main culprits responsible for this 'recurring theme'?

Moyes motor. There's not even a contest. Poyet is miles out of his depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back