Gus Bus or Moyes' Motor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

We'll see what Gus is made of next week. Sadly, you can't dismiss an 8-0 humping as a 'bad day at the office'. For professionals to throw in the towel like that suggests a deeper malady, which of course triangulates with the curious comments Gus made to the press about the state of our club, last Winter.

Take a step back and look at the wreckage. Some of these players have seen off previous managers, too. Bruce, O'Neill and PDC. Is there any point is stacking up yet another managerial casualty, if the problem lies elsewhere? It's a recurring theme at the club. How will Gus deal with that?

PDC's illuminati bermuda triangle voodoo claims?

perhaps gus needs to have a shite in the four corners of the pitch to exorcise the demons of darkness enveloping the stadium of light....

Lambert's Lambretta? Done alright with limited resources and brought some quality cheap younguns in,

Eddie's Howitzer? Getting bournemouth into the championship and keeping them there is some acheivement...

Last edited:
If Gus was to go it would be Moyes hands down.

A few bad months at Manchester United taking over from Ferguson doesnt make him a bad manager.

But, like in all things we need money and unless Short puts his hand in his pocket we might aswell have Wilkinson back.
The way he approached his few months at MUFC make me wonder whether he might be exactly that TBH. The tactics employed were utterly bereft of any understanding of how to achieve at the highest level. For him to think it was appropriate to work in such a hackneyed, outdated way casts him in a very bad light. He may have just frozen under the pressure but it was pretty damning stuff.

The way he approached his few months at MUFC make me wonder whether he might be exactly that TBH. The tactics employed were utterly bereft of any understanding of how to achieve at the highest level. For him to think it was appropriate to work in such a hackneyed, outdated way casts him in a very bad light. He may have just frozen under the pressure but it was pretty damning stuff.

He was a bad appointment in the first place, Some managers have there limits . There's a difference between being able to do fantastically well at Everton making them into a traditional, hard working, full of energy team to play against and managing monumental ego's like that at Man United.

He is nowhere near 'World Class' but he's certainly proved he's a top manager in the Premier League and I would have him in a heartbeat.

Gus bus for me. Said on another thread that Moyes feels like yesterday's man and his time at United reflects very badly on him. If things become desperate I'd go for Pulis as a firefighter anyway. If we are still talking about long term vision then I wouldn't go for Moyes.
Firefighter? Ffs we've only played 8 games man.

He was a bad appointment in the first place, Some managers have there limits . There's a difference between being able to do fantastically well at Everton making them into a traditional, hard working, full of energy team to play against and managing monumental ego's like that at Man United.

He is nowhere near 'World Class' but he's certainly proved he's a top manager in the Premier League and I would have him in a heartbeat.
It took Moyes nearly 10 years to build a top ten side. Could we wait that long for the motor to get up to speed?. I'll stay on the bus till the terminus thanks.

I like Gus and hope last weekend was just a blip , one step back two steps forward for me . Who ever says a year is enough for Gus to sort us out is mental , it will take a few years of playing the same system while trying to slowly build a squad that has been changed far too many times in recent years for any stability .

It took Moyes nearly 10 years to build a top ten side. Could we wait that long for the motor to get up to speed?. I'll stay on the bus till the terminus thanks.

This. And it's only the half of it. Season three, a string of dodgy signings, and Everton scraped survival in 17th place. He'll build a team eventually but in the current climate he'd not be given long enough.

Crazy to be even talking about Gus going. Last week this board was over the moon, strikers firing, one defeat in 7. One away game later, to a team sitting 3rd and in brilliant form ... and fickle 'followers' want shot of the manager who rescued our season with a 7 game handicap, and took us to Wembley. Pathetic.

I just want stability where we arent struggling every year, I couldn't give a shit if that came in the form of one of the muppets managing us, Thats one of the cartoons i refer to, not the past plonkers we've had!

We have a mediocre squad, which lacks flair and pace. We will always struggle to score goals and our defence blows hot and cold. The only real benefit a manager can have, other than picking a team (which I actually don't think is that much of a big deal as most sensible people know who the better players are) is motivating them.

PL players are on long contracts and ridiculously over paid. If they don't feel passionate about the club, or indeed like the set up or their fellow players, how on earth do you motivate these millionaires? This for me is the absolute key to being a PL manager - man management and motivation. That extra 5% from players can be critical in tight games against teams struggling with you around the bottom. So we need to ask - has GP got control of the dressing room, and are the players giving their absolute all for him. If they are, he's my man, the moment that they are not, he will carry the can as we aren't good enough to coast along match by match.

Gus bus for me. Said on another thread that Moyes feels like yesterday's man and his time at United reflects very badly on him. If things become desperate I'd go for Pulis as a firefighter anyway. If we are still talking about long term vision then I wouldn't go for Moyes.

Moyes seems like a good idea but then again so was MON:oops::oops::oops:
Just seems like no matter who is manager or whatever you want to call them these days we end up the same old way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back