Gus Poyet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye this killed him, I suppose he had enough personal pride to be truly hurt by that defeat, can't wait to see McLaren's reaction when it happens up the road(and it's coming....:D) Thought Poyet was okay mesel, not to say sacking him was wrong but I'll think of him as more good than bad (just!)

Sacking him at the time was the right move. We were down if he'd stayed, as we were under Bruce, O'Neill and di Canio before him.

How good was Gus in 2014-2015? Before the wheels came off in late winter / early spring ...
we will need to get 11 points in the next 6 matches, to equal his 20 points after 19 matches.

Didn't like the bloke at all after Spurs Away when we lost 5-1. Also couldn't believe he practically threw the FA cup game down at Hull.

Was always looking to put his own failings on the club creating an us and them mentality. His signings were dreadful (anar he's not the first) and the tactics were just something else.

Greatful for the cup final though something I'll always remember.

Didn't like the bloke at all after Spurs Away when we lost 5-1. Also couldn't believe he practically threw the FA cup game down at Hull.

Was always looking to put his own failings on the club creating an us and them mentality. His signings were dreadful (anar he's not the first) and the tactics were just something else.

Greatful for the cup final though something I'll always remember.
The lineup for the Hull game was shite, but let's not forget that we started falling apart when he sent on the better players from the bench. Cattermole was f***ing awful that day too.

The lineup for the Hull game was shite, but let's not forget that we started falling apart when he sent on the better players from the bench. Cattermole was f***ing awful that day too.

Only because Hull were abysmal too. They couldn't even score their penalty.

glad he's gone. hated the style of football under him. most results we got with him seemed like flukes

It's amazing how many have forgotten how bad it was with Di Canio. When Poyet came in I didn't know a single fan who thought we could stay up that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back