Gus Staying....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a load of old bollox with no meaning at all, fire the daft ****

Short hand for those who can't seem to grasp it (or only read snippets which they can twist to suit their own agenda/hopes)... Current set up is crap, he likes Congerton.paving the way for Ball and co to get the boot as the whole thing gets shaken up.

He's talking in riddles. Absolute nonsense from day to day

"I'll walk away if the players give up" then it's "I wont walk away, I promise you"

The bloke has lost it
It would be funny if it weren't for the uncertainty it creates, least of all for the players. Stuff like this just doesn't help anybody.

Short hand for those who can't seem to grasp it (or only read snippets which they can twist to suit their own agenda/hopes)... Current set up is crap, he likes Congerton.paving the way for Ball and co to get the boot as the whole thing gets shaken up.
Exactly what I was going to say. Gus is not saying anything that has not been discussed on her re the first team,academy and the decisions regarding signings over the last few years. He says he knows what's wrong and how to fix it, he's not saying he wants to run everything just that he needs to know he will be backed to make sure those changes happen.

Exactly what I was going to say. Gus is not saying anything that has not been discussed on her re the first team,academy and the decisions regarding signings over the last few years. He says he knows what's wrong and how to fix it, he's not saying he wants to run everything just that he needs to know he will be backed to make sure those changes happen.
Personally I can't wait for the complete overhaul and honestly can't think of an availbke manager I'd prefer to oversee it....not even taking into account the time they'd need to learn whay MON, PDC and Poyet have already told us

Personally I can't wait for the complete overhaul and honestly can't think of an availbke manager I'd prefer to oversee it....not even taking into account the time they'd need to learn whay MON, PDC and Poyet have already told us
I think that Ellis needs to come out and back Gus for the long term and give him the power to make the changes needed. I fear if we get things wrong this time we could sink like a stone.

I have commented on Poyet in the past as regards to the football side of it which has been dire.

He really is full of shit without a doubt - what on earth is he talking about seriously? I can't just put it down to the thick footballer cliché - he sounds truly dense and I am sick of his garbage already.

His whiny voice is also something that makes you want to punch him in the head - the player's must also be sick of him due to their performances. If his team-talks/tactical plans are as coherent as he is no the wonder we are where we find ourselves.

He is asking to be sacked in my opinion and if he goes I couldn't care less. We can get better without a doubt.

I think that Ellis needs to come out and back Gus for the long term and give him the power to make the changes needed. I fear if we get things wrong this time we could sink like a stone.

I fear if we stick with him we are f*cked anyway. He is clueless and totally out of his depth. Get someone who has a coherent plan and back him in the transfer market. Poyet talks shit and has signed shit.

I have commented on Poyet in the past as regards to the football side of it which has been dire.

He really is full of shit without a doubt - what on earth is he talking about seriously? I can't just put it down to the thick footballer cliché - he sounds truly dense and I am sick of his garbage already.

His whiny voice is also something that makes you want to punch him in the head - the player's must also be sick of him due to their performances. If his team-talks/tactical plans are as coherent as he is no the wonder we are where we find ourselves.

He is asking to be sacked in my opinion and if he goes I couldn't care less. We can get better without a doubt.

I fear if we stick with him we are f*cked anyway. He is clueless and totally out of his depth. Get someone who has a coherent plan and back him in the transfer market. Poyet talks shit and has signed shit.
I'm not sure who we could get that would be better,can't think of anyone off the top of my head who would be realistic where I would think its a marked improvement on Gus.

I'm not sure who we could get that would be better,can't think of anyone off the top of my head who would be realistic where I would think its a marked improvement on Gus.

The list is very long on the basis that Poyet in actual fact has achieved nothing even at a lower level and has been an unmitigated disaster in the Premier League. His transfers in the window when they needed to be of substance have been unforgivably bad - five players - South Americans as well for reasonable money - it's almost like he was taking the piss - I don't think he is obviously just out of his depth and totally clueless.

If I had to pick one I have mentioned before it would be Malky McKay but as I have said there are many others - if it wasn't for Poyet's playing career he would be gone by now in my opinion - good footballers do not equal good mangers at all as we have found to our cost.

He's only been here a handful of months and has an awful squad at his disposal. Calls for him to go are ridiculous, especially considering he managed to get this shower to a cup final....but thats the modern football supporter....impatient children. They know best and the only answer is a sacking.

The list is very long on the basis that Poyet in actual fact has achieved nothing even at a lower level and has been an unmitigated disaster in the Premier League. His transfers in the window when they needed to be of substance have been unforgivably bad - five players - South Americans as well for reasonable money - it's almost like he was taking the piss - I don't think he is obviously just out of his depth and totally clueless.

If I had to pick one I have mentioned before it would be Malky McKay but as I have said there are many others - if it wasn't for Poyet's playing career he would be gone by now in my opinion - good footballers do not equal good mangers at all as we have found to our cost.
Like this idiot. "Unmitigated disaster"....fuck me, its his first time managing at this level and while he has made mistakes and we are going down I don't know how anyone in their right mind can blame him considering what he walked into.

I think we almost have to get away from this idea that this person will control that and this other one will be in charge of the other, whatever it is. I think there will be a lot of overlapping and compromise between Poyet and Congerton. It should, if it works right, be a team effort - a partnership.
I don't think it's us that need to get away from that idea. It's Poyet who is making noises about it.

We need a radical change at the club. He seems willing to put the work in (providing he gets the power to do so from Short), so let him do it!
If it fails then at least we can say we tried something different and were committed to it. We've spent the last 10 years drifting and making short-term fixes, which is why we're in this mess
He seems willing today earlier in the week he was saying he wasn't here to rebuild.
Lots of mixed messages hopefully he knows what he wants.

Last edited:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/15/sunderland-gus-poyet-resign?CMP=twt_gu

What does he mean by this though?

"The change when you become a first-teamer is very small. I'd like to make it a little bit bigger. That doesn't say you're going to give the young players rubbish but it should be different. At the moment I'm the head coach, not the manager so it's not my responsibility."

Don't sweat it. He's like f***ing Nostradamus most of the time. I'm not sure he knows or believes what he's spouting. As Marx said: 'the point is not to interpret the world - but to change it'.

He seems willing today earlier in the week he was saying he wasn't here to rebuild.
Lots of mixed messages hopefully he knows what he wants.
No mixed message. The 'don't want to rebuild' thing was completely misinterpreted. It was an expression of disappointment at the way things turned out and the depths of problems at the club. At no stage did he say that he wouldn't rebuild.

Just goes to show why the AoL hasn't worked. We just chucked a load of money at it, thinking modern facilities would reward us with quality young players. The set-up has never been addressed in terms of getting the right personnel in to lead the project. Massive shame.

The only time we looked to get the tight person in, Kees Zwamborm or whatever he was called from Ajax, we pedalled him as part of the cost-cutting in a previous relegation. Very short-sighted way of looking at it.

No mixed message. The 'don't want to rebuild' thing was completely misinterpreted. It was an expression of disappointment at the way things turned out and the depths of problems at the club. At no stage did he say that he wouldn't rebuild.
I hope so. I quite often struggle to understand his point.

I don't think there's been much doubt that he had no intention of quitting, people have just been too quick to jump on the bandwagon even though a few weeks ago these same people were probably hailing him a miracle worker.

Poyet is a passionate bloke and is obviously as pissed off at the players as we are, but unlike other managers who would come out in interviews giving you every cliche undrr the sun he just gives an honest opinion.

It would criminal of us to turn on Poyet and let the players escape all the flak yet again. The summer/Championship is a good opportunity for us to rid some of these wankers and I hope Poyet is the man given a chance to rebuild us.

If the bloke can see what's wrong let him have a go at fixing it. I said on another thread that IMO all this talk in the papers is him calling out the chairman. Either back me or sack me. He wins either way. His job becomes more enjoyable as the shackles are off and he can mould the club the way he wants. Or he gets a nice pay out. But that leaves us with another bloke like Warnock coming in and just papering over the cracks, we are like a knackered old house, we need gutting out and rebuilding from bottom to top. PDC started the ball rolling, Poyet is being a bit more diplomatic in his approach but wants the same things. Hopefully our clueless chairman wakes up and actually listens. We ve a bloke who could potentially change the club for the better. He's not wanting the earth, just a bit of power to change somethings he sees wrong. Give him it

Maybe he thinks it's time to overhaul the academy and more importantly, the staff in it? Not a popular concept on here granted, but there are common denominators in there that have see off numerous managers. Just a thought...

This is what he refers to. Sack Bally et all and start again I say.

Can't understand why anyone would have a problem with what he's said there. Refreshing honesty and it's about time somebody came out and told it like it is. SAFC is broken. Is Gus Poyet the man to fix it, who knows, but it sounds as though he's prepared to give it a go so let's hope the owner gets behind him as the alternative looks pretty grim to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back