haggis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skandhaless

Striker
Just had a haggis for me Sunday dinner . 99p from lidl and very very canny . Can't beat a bit of sheeps lungs.
Bottle of decent malbec helps to round it off.

Started a similar thread recently. Love the stuff. Sainsbury's currently have some good quality offeringa on special for £2 as well.

Off to the folks in an hour or so for the Burns supper. More than few drams shall be raised (Bunnahabhain, Dalwhinnie and Highland Park most likely, but may throw a wild card like Talisker or Laphroaig in there as well) and the "great chieftain o'the pudding race" is a bit special this year. Me da bought it from some award winning butcher from north of the border so I've got high hopes. Love haggis either with neeps and tatties or from the chipper in a supper with brown sauce.

Mind farts are lifting the next day, shocking stench from the sheeps offal.

Wonder which of our players would be best served up as haggis? Those little lugs of Fletcher would be a delicacy

Had a cheeky haggis and black pudding starter tonight followed by a ham joint roasted in irn bru, have to say like it was cracking, fully aware the Smb will be wanking silly as it's wasn't cooked in coca cola!
Just back from a 3 course Burns night in a restaurant in Hertford. Lovely. Haggis starter, haggis main, and treacle tart. (They were out of cranachan :( )

Had a cheeky haggis and black pudding starter tonight followed by a ham joint roasted in irn bru, have to say like it was cracking, fully aware the Smb will be wanking silly as it's wasn't cooked in coca cola!

They'll be more annoyed you said "cheeky"

Started a similar thread recently. Love the stuff. Sainsbury's currently have some good quality offeringa on special for £2 as well.
Got two packets. Had one night. Lush with mash and brown sauce

Recipe for irn bru jobby please

Fun fact, Thor'd from QI. Some Germans wanted to translate Burns' legendary poem about the haggis but it didn't come out that well. Great Chieftain of the Pudding Race became "Mighty Fuhrer of the Sausage People"

Got two packets. Had one night. Lush with mash and brown sauce

Recipe for irn bru jobby please

Unsmoked ham/gammon
2 litre full fat irn bru
1 onion quartered

All in one pot and roast around 180 for 2 hours.

Take out, cool, cut off any fat and smother whisky marmalade and Dijon mustard then Roast for around 30 mins on 180.

Just back from a 3 course Burns night in a restaurant in Hertford. Lovely. Haggis starter, haggis main, and treacle tart. (They were out of cranachan :( )

Yer getting looked after yee lass!!!

Had one tonight, not as good as I remembered but a nice change all the same. I guess the recipe can vary from maker to maker. Got some cold for lunch tomorrow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back