He finished 10th y'knarr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did a decent job overall, should shut his cake.

Lucky as fuck with the soft ride he got after the 5 -1.

On balance, he was treated very well by the majority, and was a fkng knob selling our best chance of a continual top 10 finish.

That has nowt to do with where he was born, simply dogshit management.

Man city won the league with last kick of season as well or they'd have finished second.
Does the final position only count if it's done emphatically?
We finished tenth under Bruce and it remains the third best finish in over 50 year! FACT!
It might have numerically been our highest finish, but it was not our most successful season. Getting to that 10th place took the finest of margins. The difference with Man City, was that they came first. Only the places with a prize, or a wooden spoon attached really matter in the greater scheme of things. A trophy, a Champions league spot, Europe, or relegation. All other seasons can only be measured by how you lift yourself above the mediocracy of the Middle ground. Bruce might have placed us centre mid, but he only achieved one really exciting victory that season. Poyet, on the other hand dragged us from the jaws of the trap door in the most fabulous fashion. He gave us a great cup run, and an amazing day at Wembley, and he also won both of the Derbies. He won't get any credit for that from you though, as you are totally blinkered by your Bruce love in. I notice that even he stopped bleating on about the 10th place, after we reached a cup final. He realised his achievement has now been bettered. A little something that really pisses him off, I'm sure.

We go on about it a helluva lot more mind.
No we don't. We just respond to his bleating. It's him who can't let it go.

We were 1 point above 14th FFS, without all the other successes we had last season. You're so far up Bruce's well proportioned arse, that you can't see the wood for the trees.
1 point above 14th was enough to get 10th that season. That's all that matters at the end of the season, we were sitting in 10th place.
It seems more like you can't acknowledge that 10th place for us, whether it was 1 point above 14th or not, is a very good achievement for us in recent times.

It might have numerically been our highest finish, but it was not our most successful season. Getting to that 10th place took the finest of margins. The difference with Man City, was that they came first. Only the places with a prize, or a wooden spoon attached really matter in the greater scheme of things. A trophy, a Champions league spot, Europe, or relegation. All other seasons can only be measured by how you lift yourself above the mediocracy of the Middle ground. Bruce might have placed us centre mid, but he only achieved one really exciting victory that season. Poyet, on the other hand dragged us from the jaws of the trap door in the most fabulous fashion. He gave us a great cup run, and an amazing day at Wembley, and he also won both of the Derbies. He won't get any credit for that from you though, as you are totally blinkered by your Bruce love in. I notice that even he stopped bleating on about the 10th place, after we reached a cup final. He realised his achievement has now been bettered. A little something that really pisses him off, I'm sure.

Like prize money then?
Which we would have gotten more of for finishing 10th?

Success is relative.
For us to finish tenth given our history (please don't start going on about trophies we won over 100 year ago) is a good season and a reasonable achievement. Bruce is correct in pointing this out when he recalls his time here.
You seriously think he doesn't mention finishing tenth because Poyet got us to a cup final? You would do well to remember Bruce then got his new club to an even bigger cup final that same season knocking his old club out in the process!
Id suggest the reason he doesn't mention us anymore is because it was a long time ago and he's moved on. Probably best you and a few others do to same instead of talking about him keeling over and other pleasantries.

1 point above 14th was enough to get 10th that season. That's all that matters at the end of the season, we were sitting in 10th place.
It seems more like you can't acknowledge that 10th place for us, whether it was 1 point above 14th or not, is a very good achievement for us in recent times.

Like prize money then?
Which we would have gotten more of for finishing 10th?
Despite the few extra quid we got for that place, we got plenty of tv coverage last season too. I can't arsed to argue with you about the minutiae of the finances involved, as they're just a small part of a much bigger picture. If you're more thrilled by finishing 10th, than a Wembley final, and 2 derby wins, then you ought to get out more.

Success is relative.
For us to finish tenth given our history (please don't start going on about trophies we won over 100 year ago) is a good season and a reasonable achievement. Bruce is correct in pointing this out when he recalls his time here.
You seriously think he doesn't mention finishing tenth because Poyet got us to a cup final? You would do well to remember Bruce then got his new club to an even bigger cup final that same season knocking his old club out in the process!
Id suggest the reason he doesn't mention us anymore is because it was a long time ago and he's moved on. Probably best you and a few others do to same instead of talking about him keeling over and other pleasantries.
There's no way he's forgotten about us. He still slags us off when he can, but he's given up on the 10th. Regardless of his wins over us, we both got to a final, and both lost them. Our final was just as hard to get to as his was, but because the powers that be deem it a "bigger" final, the loser gets a reward.

Last edited:
Despite the few extra quid we got for that place, we got plenty of tv coverage last season too. I can't arsed to argue with you about the minutiae of the finances involved, as they're just a small part of a much bigger picture. If you're more thrilled by finishing 10th, than a Wembley final, and 2 derby wins, then you ought to get out more.

There's no way he's forgotten about us. He still slags us off when he can, but he's given up on the 10th. Regardless of his wins over us, we both got to a final, and both lost them. Our final was just as hard to get to as his was, but because the powers that be deem it a "bigger" final, the loser gets a reward.
So what has he slagged us off for so far this season then?
Our final was probably harder to get to but the FA cup is the English clubs showpiece event of season.
What kills you is that the bloke you constantly slag off got us to tenth and has since went in to do a really good job at Hull.
Perhaps he's not that bad after all.

Did a decent job overall, should shut his cake.

Lucky as fuck with the soft ride he got after the 5 -1.

On balance, he was treated very well by the majority, and was a fkng knob selling our best chance of a continual top 10 finish.

That has nowt to do with where he was born, simply dogshit management.

If he'd been sacked at the end of the 2010-11 season as he should have been*, then I imagine that the vast majority would have wished him well and he'd have got a very decent reception whenever he came back up here. As you say the reason he is so disliked by the vast majority of our fans now is because of his constant pops at the fans in his last few months here and even more so after his sacking.

*I'm not saying that with the benefit of hindsight either, our run of form that season once we sold Bent was absolutely desperate and only Blackpool were below us in the form table from that point. Even allowing for the sale of Bent we had a very decent squad at that point but it became increasingly obvious in the second half of that season that he didn't have a clue what to do without Bent.

Never said I was more thrilled by it.
The only problem I have with what you said was the ridiculous points that finishing 14th and beating Chelsea and Man Utd were reasons to show that we achieved more last season.
The only valid point that you made was the cup final.
In the league, all that matters is where you finish, no one gives a fuck who you beat to get there.

For just the Premier League, you can't argue that Bruce has got us to our best finish since Reid, thats an achievement. You might not like the man but you have to give him that.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with what you said was the ridiculous points that finishing 14th and beating Chelsea and Man Utd were reasons to show that we achieved more last season.
In the league, all that matters is where you finish, no one gives a fuck who you beat to get there.

For just the Premier League, you can't argue that Bruce has got us to our best finish since Reid, thats an achievement. You might not like the man but you have to give him that.

He did, but he also had by far the best squad since we came up to work with, only kept us up by 8 points, looked lost after Bent left and the next season, without Bent, had us 16th and looking in trouble.

He did, but he also had by far the best squad since we came up to work with, only kept us up by 8 points, looked lost after Bent left and the next season, without Bent, had us 16th and looking in trouble.
I don't disagree about having the best squad also I acknowledge that the season after was awful, I'm not saying that Bruce was a great manager for us just that he was one of our better ones in recent times (not saying much admittedly but it's still something).

You see, the fans do care who you beat on the way there. They also care if they get to Wembley, and I would guess that if you asked that at the start of the season that's what they want. 10th place, or survival, a cup final, beat the Mags twice, and also Chelsea at the Bridge, and The current champions. It's not rocket science.

If he'd been sacked at the end of the 2010-11 season as he should have been*, then I imagine that the vast majority would have wished him well and he'd have got a very decent reception whenever he came back up here. As you say the reason he is so disliked by the vast majority of our fans now is because of his constant pops at the fans in his last few months here and even more so after his sacking.

*I'm not saying that with the benefit of hindsight either, our run of form that season once we sold Bent was absolutely desperate and only Blackpool were below us in the form table from that point. Even allowing for the sale of Bent we had a very decent squad at that point but it became increasingly obvious in the second half of that season that he didn't have a clue what to do without Bent.

For all of the stick he now gets, Bent was the best get out of jail card we have had for 20 years.

It just shows you how clueless some of the pillocks running the club are, an intrinsic part of the 'Business' sold and nor replaced, f***ing idiotic.

We have gone backwards ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back