Heffe Weissbier/Wheat beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRay

Midfield
I've just bought a bottle of Weihenstephan from Sainsburys, I don't think I've tasted a better beer in my life.

For the connoisseur "From the worlds oldest brewery, this hazy orange/gold beer has a rich and tempting aroma of banana, cloves, nutmeg and gentle hop resins. Creamy malt fills the mouth, balanced by fruit and spices, with a refreshing and complex finish" - Roger Protz.

For the non-connoisseur, it tastes great, but probably too fruity/sweet for a good session, but worth £2 for a half litre at 5.4%. In my opinion a lot better than the Austrian counterpart.

I love the odd bottle every know and again, but like you said, too sweet to drink much of. Cannit whack the Jormans for booze like.

Definitely the pick of the bunch in the speciality beer aisle. Lovely ice cold. Paulaner isn't bad either. Leffe or Hoegaarden is just awful.

Definitely the pick of the bunch in the speciality beer aisle. Lovely ice cold. Paulaner isn't bad either. Leffe or Hoegaarden is just awful.

Just having this at room temp, I'll try it ice cold next time though. I may as well try the Paulaner too :) Is that from sainers anarl?

The Weinstephan Cristal Weissbier is my favourite... The Champagne of beers.

I've just bought a bottle of Weihenstephan from Sainsburys, I don't think I've tasted a better beer in my life.

For the connoisseur "From the worlds oldest brewery, this hazy orange/gold beer has a rich and tempting aroma of banana, cloves, nutmeg and gentle hop resins. Creamy malt fills the mouth, balanced by fruit and spices, with a refreshing and complex finish" - Roger Protz.

For the non-connoisseur, it tastes great, but probably too fruity/sweet for a good session, but worth £2 for a half litre at 5.4%. In my opinion a lot better than the Austrian counterpart.
Did you really just type that?

Have to agree with all of the shouts for krystall. Duvel was my favourite beer for a number of years but you can't beet a good krystall.

Wish I had enough money to go the whole hog and have a full-on krystall nacht.

Me and a mate got a pint of Hoegarden in town where bar one was firdt pint of night,it must have been on the turn because about an hour later we were half stoned almost tripping,really weird

It's served on draught in a handful of pubs down here in Liverpool and it's superb stuff. Prefer Erdinger and Ayinger Brau though.

It's served on draught in a handful of pubs down here in Liverpool and it's superb stuff. Prefer Erdinger and Ayinger Brau though.

Where has it Flash? I am guessing Ship and Mitre? But where else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back