Hello 17th my old friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

For me, the worrying things is how we are playing.. or rather the lack of football being played. It is a poor start, but could be a lot worse.
Its just our sheer lack of pace/desire/ideas to get forward in numbers and prevent the otehr team from coming at us. Instead we just sit and let them attack us on the edge of our own box.
Grinding out results is one thing; but not making the effort to win is another.
Agree with that tbf. Performances so far have left a lot to be desired, still it can only get better and hopefully with the points to show. I don't think the lack of pace in our side is the main problem, it's the fact we're not moving the ball quick enough which makes us look slow and ponderous.

With the system we are playing at the moment, (only one up top) we need our midfield players to chip in with goals. Apart from AJ I can't see where the rest of the goals will come from ? which is a worry, plus we don't seem to have a forward who can lead the line and put a shot away. However in saying that we will not concede as many goals at the back. Look at team like Everton and Man Utd great attacking players but are letting goals in for fun at the moment.

Swings and roundabouts

On a comparative basis with like for like fixtures, this is our best start to a premier league season since the promotion one under Keane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back