Henderson and Mignolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the replies.
I have heard today that the 'Borini' saga is indeed because of these staged payments. I pass this information on in good faith. I will not name the source but am prepared to say that it is an employee within SAFC known to us all.
The Sunderland standpoint is that we would like Liverpool to offset monies owed to us over the transfer of H & M against Borini thereby reducing the amount we hand over.
The Liverpool position is that they are insisting on full and final payment (£14m) and that SAFC honour the time frame (several years apparently) of the original agreement for H & M (the staged payments).
This individual is in a position to know details not privy to anyone outside the club and for this reason I am encouraged that an agreement for Borini's transfer will eventually be thrashed out.
Seems unlikely that Liverpool would announce that they'd come to an agreement with us then.

Falls down a bit at that point mate as I couldn't see Liverpool really wanting all that up front when its commonplace in football to pay transfer fees over a period of time.

I would also imagine that figure includes add ons triggered at another point in time.........

I repeat, I pass on this information in good faith.

I repeat, I pass on this information in good faith.
indeed mate it just doesn't stack up when its looked at closely though.............

I cant think of any earthly reason why a club the size of Liverpool wouldn't take into account monies owed out to the same company they are now selling something to in order to complete a transaction.

Someone hypothesised last week that this was being done and as a result Borini was getting less of a cut of the transfer fee as they were trying to do it on what would be physically paid but again whilst its a quaint idea £14 million is £14 million even if in time only half of that physically changes hands............

I cant think of any earthly reason why a club the size of Liverpool wouldn't take into account monies owed out to the same company they are now selling something to in order to complete a transaction.

I agree and similarly struggle to rationalise this. However, short of conducting a forensic investigation into the Liverpool accounts, I am now more convinced than ever that the crux to this transfer lies in the treatment of the H & M contracts and remain convinced that this deal will be completed.

Thank you all for the replies.
I have heard today that the 'Borini' saga is indeed because of these staged payments. I pass this information on in good faith. I will not name the source but am prepared to say that it is an employee within SAFC known to us all.
The Sunderland standpoint is that we would like Liverpool to offset monies owed to us over the transfer of H & M against Borini thereby reducing the amount we hand over.
The Liverpool position is that they are insisting on full and final payment (£14m) and that SAFC honour the time frame (several years apparently) of the original agreement for H & M (the staged payments).
This individual is in a position to know details not privy to anyone outside the club and for this reason I am encouraged that an agreement for Borini's transfer will eventually be thrashed out.
John Cooke knows fuck all. ;)

good old pf, post something and everyone rips ya to bits!

John Cooke knows fuck all. ;)

A tad harsh on our likeable perennial kit man I feel.
Let's just agree that in the case of a survivor like Cookie, he has mastered the art of discretion and that any inside scoop he may have would be strictly limited to the current club holder of the hyperhidrosis cup or the bromodosis shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back