Holiday advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you have any self respect for you and your family do not go all inclusive.The worst.

"Scratter" is a term I hate,but for me it sits about right for the all inclusive type of holiday .
There is a big variety of AI just as there is a variety of hotel accommodation. Can't slag them all off as scratter destinations.

One of the worst things about AI is that they are either miles away from anywhere and you tend to stay onsite or they are in a good location but everybody stays on their resort killing the local trade by not going out for meals and drinks etc.

Sometimes half board offers a far better deal - the money you save covers the costs of your alcohol, kids icecreams etc. Worth looking at the various deals.

Is that actually possibly?
(purely based on my family holiday experiences as a kid)
Bored while parents sat in sun, felt more entertained when doing something, ie not sat in sun
Weird kid, we loved it, playing in the pool all day, some time on the beach, few pesatas for the foreign bandits, back in the pool...class.

Really feel for kids who have parents who drag them around a f***ing vineyard, ruins and churchs in the arsehole of nowhere, pretending its really cultural and life changing.

Poor buggers must dread it.

There is a big variety of AI just as there is a variety of hotel accommodation. Can't slag them all off as scratter destinations.

One of the worst things about AI is that they are either miles away from anywhere and you tend to stay onsite or they are in a good location but everybody stays on their resort killing the local trade by not going out for meals and drinks etc.

Sometimes half board offers a far better deal - the money you save covers the costs of your alcohol, kids icecreams etc. Worth looking at the various deals.
Agree with a lot of your points,but from my experience of AI it's for people who just want to lie about for 2weeks and get fat(er) whilst there kids are left to fend for them selves on the shite that is served up.

Looking for a week away all inclusive next year (late May, early June) for me and Mrs S, and kids who will be 11 and 4.

No idea where to go or who to book with, so any advice would be appreciated.

Haven't got a fortune to spend, just want to sit in the sun and drink while the kids have plenty to do.

Cheers in advance.
Currently in prinshotel in cala d 'or all inclusive short walk into town marina, entertainment for the kids

If you have any self respect for you and your family do not go all inclusive.The worst.

"Scratter" is a term I hate,but for me it sits about right for the all inclusive type of holiday .
This is fuckin ridiculous. What a mental thing to say. You're the fuckin scratter mr self catering

Looking for a week away all inclusive next year (late May, early June) for me and Mrs S, and kids who will be 11 and 4.

No idea where to go or who to book with, so any advice would be appreciated.

Haven't got a fortune to spend, just want to sit in the sun and drink while the kids have plenty to do.

Cheers in advance.
Alright speedy, that time of the year the world is your oyster. Decent weather everywhere. All inclusive wise the canaries are a good shout. A month or 2 earlier you are looking at Egypt. Cyprus - paphos has a late summer if you want to go September October time. If you go on first choice and check out their holiday villages, I have been to 3 or 4 and they are generally class and have kids clubs most of the day.

With the youngest being 4 I'd say Alcudia. Cracking beach, quiet and a short flight.

Agree with a lot of your points,but from my experience of AI it's for people who just want to lie about for 2weeks and get fat(er) whilst there kids are left to fend for them selves on the shite that is served up.
Sound like a right billy bullshitter...

Only ever been in one AI hotel, not a great experience and niver done it again.

Usually just rent a villa or an apartment in a complex and book flights on Skyscanner. Stock the fridge freezer with shite for the kids during the day. Eat out most evenings. Not big alcohol drinkers so that doesn't bother us.

Avoid France especially Paris, it has changed so much in the last 5 years. And the people of England complain about immigration? Try staying on the northern outskirts of Paris or the Reval area of Barcelona.

Avoid France especially Paris, it has changed so much in the last 5 years. And the people of England complain about immigration? Try staying on the northern outskirts of Paris or the Reval area of Barcelona.

still making my way around it and to be honest, yet to find a part of france I dislike apart from Sarcelles.

Went to Paris and Euro Disney for our honeymoon. It's a very special place for us but can understand why people would dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back