How bad would it need to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

For you to say enough is enough, and to give it up.
If I was going to do that I would have done it decades ago. However it's not a choice it's in your DNA..So the answer would have to be not until my dying breath. :cool:

15/19 point seasons and dropping into the 3rd division didn't do it so i don't think anything would
make me give up.

I did give up in the january of the 15 point season, just went to 1 more game, there was nothing to play for, and it was making me really moody, had a break from it, and got the enjoyment back, hating going when there is nothing to play for.

Relegation - It the premiership or nothing for me

4th bottom will do me from now to eternity or my death whichever is sooner

Jesus, amongst that 19pt year I actually forgot about that. Carried right on into the first few games of the Championship season. Beating Preston away meant we didn't equal (or break?) the record!

No the wonder we have so many doomy fans like, that's gotta hurt :):)
I think the record was 18.

Remarkable thing about the 02/03 is we had 19 points on the 1st January and at the end of the season we still had 19 points. Takes some doing.

For you to say enough is enough, and to give it up.
You never give up.
Think of me, I've supported them for 60 years ( I am now68) and during those years we have won one proper trophy in 1973. We have been relegated too many times to remember , even once to the third tier. Been promoted more times than I can remember. Nearly won league cup and FA cup a couple of times.
N ever have I felt we had a chance of winning anything else, but is still support the lads. Why? It's in my DNA , my dad put it there and I will still be asking for SAFC result on my death bed.
I can't help it even although I know deep down we will never be anything better than average.
HA'WAY the Lads

If alcohol was banned from all football.

Only joking.

Closest I would ever come as if we done a Portsmouth.

Even then I'd still obviously support us, but wouldn't be as interested, or interesting for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back