How do I get cheap train tickets to the schmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hep

Striker
How do you get the really cheap train tickets to london? I'm not going till october but would prefer not to pay full whack

As redandwhiterob said. But then book on East Coast site, whilst signing up to the rewards scheme so you can end up with free tickets if you earn enough points by booking quite a few journies.

Or Grand Central, about £50 each way.

East Coast to Durham or Newcastle is £37.50 each way if book early enough. Grand Central charges the same price on board as it does to pre book though, which is canny.

I can't understand why typing in London to durham doesn't bring up a single price instead of all this f***ing about and splitting tickets and timings etc. it's needlessly confusing.

The OP was asking for cheap tickets, he wasn't asking how to book a train ticket.

Edit: your gripe is with the railway's ticketing system? I agree marra.

How do you get the really cheap train tickets to london? I'm not going till october but would prefer not to pay full whack

If there are 3 or more people, use this link when you book for 25% off.

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/3plus

East Coast to Durham or Newcastle is £37.50 each way if book early enough. Grand Central charges the same price on board as it does to pre book though, which is canny.

Should be able to get circa £30 return if you book it early enough.

Random date in July came back as £26.75 Could have got it for under £20 like if I selected a different return time.

Logon or register to see this image

£12 each way if you do it soon enough. I'm back up at the end of May and I only booked last week so £37.50 per journey was the cheapest available.

Looks like it's from £9.95 each way like.

£19.90 return with silly early return time (or good time depending).

Last edited:
Random date in July came back as £26.75 Could have got it for under £20 like if I selected a different return time.

Looks like it's from £9.95 each way like.

£19.90 return with silly early return time (or good time depending).

Can't see those images but I've already booked, ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back