How long until fans turn on Poyet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 35145
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already happening. Too many f***ing idiots thinking changing manager every year is a recipe for success.
This cant go on man. At some point the club has to appoint someone with a track record of something other than doing well in the FL or some such shite. then they have to manage them properly and question them instead of giving gthem loads of rope to do what they f***ing like.

Poyet like them all has an inflated ego. He arrived at this football club as yet another manager who totally underestimated what managing SAFC was all about. He said that he deserved this opportunity and then survived by the skin of his teeth. The cup run was not only down to Poyet. We had something like 3 managers in that cup run. Pulling rabbits out of hats in odd games is one thing; laying solid foundations for the club to prosper over 38 games per season in the PL is quite another - a task that Poyet does not look up to.

If he is up to it then lets see him doing, starting with Palace a week come Monday. If he cant do this then he might as well fuckoff.

This cant go on man. At some point the club has to appoint someone with a track record of something other than doing well in the FL or some such shite. then they have to manage them properly and question them instead of giving gthem loads of rope to do what they f***ing like.

Poyet like them all has an inflated ego. He arrived at this football club as yet another manager who totally underestimated what managing SAFC was all about. He said that he deserved this opportunity and then survived by the skin of his teeth. The cup run was not only down to Poyet. We had something like 3 managers in that cup run. Pulling rabbits out of hats in odd games is one thing; laying solid foundations for the club to prosper over 38 games per season in the PL is quite another - a task that Poyet does not look up to.

If he is up to it then lets see him doing, starting with Palace a week come Monday. If he cant do this then he might as well fuckoff.
Said it before he's so far out of his depth he's drowning. But his ego tells him he's stood in a puddle

We've had every type of manager under the sun and they all get shown the door after one or two bad runs, bored of it tbh. If Poyet gets sacked I'll totally give up on anyone in a position of power at our club having the slightest clue of what they're doing.

We've had every type of manager under the sun and they all get shown the door after one or two bad runs, bored of it tbh. If Poyet gets sacked I'll totally give up on anyone in a position of power at our club having the slightest clue of what they're doing.
He should never have been appointed. He had no track record at this level and was another gamble.

When O’Neill left he had 31 points from his last 31 games

When Bruce left he had 21 points from his last 27 games

Poyet has 22 points from his last 23 games.

Another 3 games without a win and the fans will start to turn imo. Hopefully Short will have learnt that hiring and firing makes little difference in the long term, and instead of spending on changing managers he should make money available for better players.
I wont be turning on poyet. His slow build up, short passing possession style of football is a joy to watch and i love how he doesnt have us camped on the edge of our own box and attacking teams

I dont like the director of football model, i cant think of a time it has ever worked at any level in England, however having seen Buckley and Bridcutt, I wouldnt trust Gus to pick a footballer, because those two are f***ing useless. To then compound the fact by subbing Johnson instead of Buckley leaves me to believe the only option is to sack Poyet unfortunately.
Finally , someone posts what is staring us in the face.

If he doesn't change his style and formation in particular, which I don't think he will, then my opinion of him will keep falling. We are boring to watch and can't see us winning many games. I don't want to see manager after manger, but there comes a point where you think, is that a good enough reason to persist woth something that isn't working.

When O’Neill left he had 31 points from his last 31 games

When Bruce left he had 21 points from his last 27 games

Poyet has 22 points from his last 23 games.

Another 3 games without a win and the fans will start to turn imo. Hopefully Short will have learnt that hiring and firing makes little difference in the long term, and instead of spending on changing managers he should make money available for better players.

All well and good but you also need a manager who knows his squad and the best team/formation to put on the pitch, nothing I've seen from Gus suggests he would with better players.

Dont necessarily want him sacked but I would like:
- him to have a plan b
- consider changing formation
- consider changing playing style

he wont though

I like Poyet but I don't think it's looking good for him - he seems to be completely floundering, his team selections and substitutions are awful, he seems, under pressure, to be resorting to Championship standard players who he knows, and at Southampton or at the end of the match yesterday we had far more players who were Championship standard than Premier League standard.

We also seem to have lost our way completely when it comes to possession football - so far this season we haven't really seen it. As a result, we're all over the place - dodgy at the back and creating nothing up front.

Add in the fact that he has a tendency to make himself unpopular with some of the things he says when things are going badly, and the fact that
Ellis Short has sacked a manager every year for the last three years and it has achieved his only aim of staying up, and the fact that Moyes and Pulis are looking for work and other clubs (QPR / Newcastle) may pull the trigger soon, and I think that the Board sacking him (which I think may be closer than the fans turning on him) may be closer than we think.

Last season after a good start he went up a right cul-de-sac with his 5-3-2 stuff and we looked just as bad. It was only the heavy defeat at Tottenham that meant he gave up on that. I had hoped that the Southampton match would do similar but judgign by yesterday it hasnt.

He needs to give up on quite a few players, for the time being at least (Buckley / Bridcutt / Altidore / maybe Wickham). He needs to start selecting his better players (Johnson / Rodwell) instead of making them the scapegoats. He needs to hope that some of the creative players (Giaccherini / Alvarez) get back from injury quickly. And he needs to get back to a clear way of playing football that we had when he first came, which the players can get behind, and which saved us last season.

Poyet needs to realise we haven't got the players to play the system he wants.

His substitutions have been an absolute joke all season.

Get beat next week playing the same formation and I can see a good few turning.

Poyet needs to realise we haven't got the players to play the system he wants.

His substitutions have been an absolute joke all season.

Get beat next week playing the same formation and I can see a good few turning.

It's the Gus way, seemingly the only way, unless he goes 5 at the back again. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back