How much does the Fulham game mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peaknutt

Striker
Nearly every positive story about SAFC told to me in childhood has been about the cup :)

Jimmy Monty, Porterfield, the 'what would happened if Byrne scored in '92' debate
Tim f***ing Cahill in '04
Expected us to get to the final in 2012 after drawing at Goodison and we were in the middle of a great run under MON. The Vaughan OG still makes me cringe
Was gutted last season when we meekly surrounded to Hull by fielding a reserve team
I'd take winning it over winning the Burnley game even though that is so important

I just want us to win it so badly, almost hurts when I see some life-long fans on here describing it almost as an inconvenience

Nearly every positive story about SAFC told to me in childhood has been about the cup :)

Jimmy Monty, Porterfield, the 'what would happened if Byrne scored in '92' debate
Tim f***ing Cahill in '04
Expected us to get to the final in 2012 after drawing at Goodison and we were in the middle of a great run under MON. The Vaughan OG still makes me cringe
Was gutted last season when we meekly surrounded to Hull by fielding a reserve team
I'd take winning it over winning the Burnley game even though that is so important

I just want us to win it so badly, almost hurts when I see some life-long fans on here describing it almost as an inconvenience

About this much!

We definitely won't win the league, but winning the FA Cup would be nice and we need to beat Fulham to progress. So logically it'd be great to win.

If, hypothetically, it was between winning the Fulham game with a good chance to eventually get to the final or losing to Fulham and beating Burnley with safety guaranteed, well it'd have to be safety.

I want us to win every game as much as any other

I understand where you are coming from, but I shamelessly get more excited when we win a cup game. Even though the crowds are shit. Even though the once huge game in the sporting calendar has become almost a secondary event. Even though nobody outside the North East would talk about it if we won. I want it so much

Someone said play the kids v fulham on here, ffs weve a week eigher side of the match.

The draw for round 4 is gonna make an outsider like us have a tough run but ferk me, we should back them to the hilt in the cup as the league is becoming more snd more pointless every year. Id love us to make the cups priority! Haway!

Sunderland dont do 'straightforward' man ;)

Of course, I know. But I'll be surprised/gutted/devastated if we don't win these two games coming up. Like always. Even though I know deep down I shouldn't be because it's not even surprising.

Fulham is a throw away game, I wouldn't risk any players who are expecting to start vs Burnley.

Burnley is our season, fail to win and we're down. Getting beat with no injuries is the best result for us, terrible to say I know, but staying in the premier league is the only way the club can survive.

Fulham is a throw away game, I wouldn't risk any players who are expecting to start vs Burnley.

Burnley is our season, fail to win and we're down. Getting beat with no injuries is the best result for us, terrible to say I know, but staying in the premier league is the only way the club can survive.

Mag. Reported.

I see it as a massive game but one with no pressure whereas Burnley is a critical one not to lose. Want to see us play our strongest team to try and win and then who knows, another home draw and things could start to get interesting. A Wembley semi final with a cracking weekend in London, beat the mags again and stay up would be a very enjoyable season.

I'd love us to win the cup but if im going to be honest i have very little hope this year. Its always good when a few of the big sides are out by the next round instead they're all in and with fairly easy draws:

Arsenal going to Brighton might be tricky but they should get through
Man United at Cambridge
Liverpool home to Bolton
Man City home to Boro
Spurs home to Leicester

I know Liverpool arent great like but would still like them out. Thats a lot of pretty decent sides almost certain to get through, they might all draw each other next round but i just feel that if we're going to do it we'd have to do it the very hard way. You never know but its hard to be too excited by this tie when you look at whats likely to lie in wait

That first sentance, so youd basically make 11 changes?

Pleased youre not in charge. Bet youd have cup fever with a wembley semi.

We need to progress/build confidence, id love us to put 5 past them n get someone poor in the last 16 ( chances slim mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back