How much does the Fulham game mean to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The original question was how much does today's game mean.......if we lose I will not be that bothered, where as if we do not win next week I will be gutted. I want us to win every game we play but for me the PL is a higher priority than the FA Cup. Tens of thousands of us obviously feel the same as that will be the difference in the gate today compared to next week. Watching us in a half empty stadium, playing fringe players has much less appeal to the anticipation for next weeks game. I accept the cups are our only chance of winning something but I just prefer watching us play PL football.

what tone I was correct in what I said

F**k Me!

Wish I'd said nowt now, suffice to say though my comment would stand up in a court of law.

Well the lad was right stating 2 games from wembley then, be it a semi , its also a game where a win would more than likely take you into europe this year.

As I said earlier, wish I'd said nowt now, suffice to say though my comment would stand up in a court of law.

Last edited:
I'd love us to win the cup but if im going to be honest i have very little hope this year. Its always good when a few of the big sides are out by the next round instead they're all in and with fairly easy draws:

Arsenal going to Brighton might be tricky but they should get through
Man United at Cambridge
Liverpool home to Bolton
Man City home to Boro
Spurs home to Leicester

I know Liverpool arent great like but would still like them out. Thats a lot of pretty decent sides almost certain to get through, they might all draw each other next round but i just feel that if we're going to do it we'd have to do it the very hard way. You never know but its hard to be too excited by this tie when you look at whats likely to lie in wait

Just as well i didnt have a bet!

With the exit of 2 of the favourites for the cup
It means this one is up for grabs by anyone on the day

What's the harm in getting us there and have a go

Means loads to me. Another day at Wembley would be class.

One of the things that has irritated me recently about Poyet recently was thathe said that since the early 2000's we've been rubbish. He obviously meant we should be happy with our lot and mid table should do us. If all we can win is a cup then that's our priority fuck mid table.

I'd also like a couple of goals.

Nearly every positive story about SAFC told to me in childhood has been about the cup :)

Jimmy Monty, Porterfield, the 'what would happened if Byrne scored in '92' debate
Tim f***ing Cahill in '04
Expected us to get to the final in 2012 after drawing at Goodison and we were in the middle of a great run under MON. The Vaughan OG still makes me cringe
Was gutted last season when we meekly surrounded to Hull by fielding a reserve team
I'd take winning it over winning the Burnley game even though that is so important

I just want us to win it so badly, almost hurts when I see some life-long fans on here describing it almost as an inconvenience

It'll be the biggest game I've seen this season.

It'll be the first game n'all. Match is on 3 tube stops from my bed :)

It means a lot we need to win something. Not sure a team that finishes 11th to 17th will get paraded round the pitch in 25 years time but cup winners will

Reactions: JTF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back