How things change!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media pay no more attention to us than any other lower end premier league club man. Just because they predict us to go Down doesn't mean they are on our backs or taking the piss it's just an opinion and let's be honest not an unreasonable one. I think we'll just about have enough but I'm certainly not getting bent out of shape over certain members of media disagreeing.
I disagree there's one "preferred media partner" of another club that's paying us more attention than any other form of media in a negative way. Its got to the point where I won't even read it anymore (I had the mobile application on my tablet but its been deleted after the way they reported the borini transfer). As for us struggling I think we'll be looking over our shoulder for a little while but after Xmas will start to pull clear of the dogfight. I can see what he's trying to achieve and with the last three signings genuinely believe we'll be fine

I disagree there's one "preferred media partner" of another club that's paying us more attention than any other form of media in a negative way. Its got to the point where I won't even read it anymore (I had the mobile application on my tablet but its been deleted after the way they reported the borini transfer). As for us struggling I think we'll be looking over our shoulder for a little while but after Xmas will start to pull clear of the dogfight. I can see what he's trying to achieve and with the last three signings genuinely believe we'll be fine
I don't believe that for one second but hey ho.
I hope you're correct but my main concerns are the full backs which I believe Borini can help with, a midfield lacking in pace and the lack of a forward who can hold up play as we are very direct and think that position was imperative.

I don't believe that for one second but hey ho.
I hope you're correct but my main concerns are the full backs which I believe Borini can help with, a midfield lacking in pace and the lack of a forward who can hold up play as we are very direct and think that position was imperative.
At least when we go down you can take the piss out of the fans for complaining that our best players are leaving.
You can start a thread about being realistic about our situation, and how we should know our station.

We will struggle, we nearly always do, simples
Is that even a word?

Yes and then when we start to struggle which we will for most part this season in my opinion it leads to frustration and people waiting to know why due to being initially unrealistic. Everyone has us down for a struggle this season, there's a reason for that. Going in with eyes wide open can only be good for all concerned.

Holy Fuck! What a waste of a life!

At the Leicester game after 20 min I sat down looked at my mate and said we had no midfield since then he brought in M'villa who can pick a pass and looks so composed its unbelievable. Then on sat In the first half I noticed the gap between the midfield and forward line he brought on Toivonen at half time and low and behold he filled that gap and started to link the defence/mid to the forward line. It was also glaringly obvious that Defoe's desire to wander into the middle of the field was allowing Hutton to bomb forward down our left and double up on poor PVA who didn't know who to pick up. You'll never guess what! We went out and bought Borini to play in that position which will allow Defoe to play in his favoured central role while having someone we know who will track back to help our left back out.I believe it shows just how good Dick is and that we'll be fine this season

After the Norwich game we were in dire straits, short was having our pants down and dicks tactics were questionable. Fast forward a fortnight and two draws in which we were second best, the signing of a lad from a mid table French club and the return of Borini and all of a sudden there's talk of this being our best squad since we returned to the premier league and that we should secure our safety more comfortable than usual.
Are these signings really good enough to turn the season around or are the fans getting ahead of themselves again only to end up disappointed?
For what it's worth I think we'll just about sneak survival again but it's going to be another long hard slog.

I dont think things have changed that much, we still don't look a team to me, and its going to be a hell of a fight to stay up

I just wish that people understood what an "Internet Troll" is meant to be before they accuse someone of being one!

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I don't think @Mrjardine is guilty of any of those things - unless you believe anyone holding/voicing a different opinion to your goodself should be labelled as such.
He's exactly that. he starts threads to wind people up/cause arguments/get his balls licked by del boy

If those of you who rise to Dougie's supposed bait calmed down and left off him, you'd see that the posts that try to enter into a reasoned argument with him can lead to a dialogue that can be really quite interesting. When Jardine talks about football his views are perfectly valid and are useful as a sounding board for counter arguments. Whether he slags off the fans or not is a matter about as interesting as the Daily Mirror's/Mail's/Talkshite's diatribes against us.

If those of you who rise to Dougie's supposed bait calmed down and left off him, you'd see that the posts that try to enter into a reasoned argument with him can lead to a dialogue that can be really quite interesting. When Jardine talks about football his views are perfectly valid and are useful as a sounding board for counter arguments. Whether he slags off the fans or not is a matter about as interesting as the Daily Mirror's/Mail's/Talkshite's diatribes against us.

His views are purposefully obtuse and fixed - he has no intention of having a discussion - it is all just a distraction from the cricket forum.

I dont think things have changed that much, we still don't look a team to me, and its going to be a hell of a fight to stay up[/QUOTE]

- despite ironically being a much better football team this year (potentially). In all honesty I think we've been the worst "football" team in the league the last two years and it would hardly have been a travesty of justice had we gone down.

I think we look much less of a team this year so far, all over the place

His views are purposefully obtuse and fixed - he has no intention of having a discussion - it is all just a distraction from the cricket forum.

whether they are or not he makes valid, reasonable but always "uncomfortable" points - which can be argued against in a civilised manner. If he goes on about "the fans" - ignore - then obviously he's trying to raise the hackles of our more sensitive SMBers - and they never fail to respond endlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back