HSBC to leave the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep let them go.

10000 well paid job a with it...

They pay the tax that is due.

Narrow minded views.

For all yo might hate the financial services businesses without them the UK would be fucked
Who did those jobs bofore HSBC gobbled them all up ?

Yep let them go.

Narrow minded views.

For all yo might hate the financial services businesses without them the UK would be fucked

Aye your right mate, lots of high paid jobs for parasites in the city of London, whose greed and dishonesty helped contribute to the banking crisis, a bank whose call center operation and the marjority of its IT infastructure is based in India, a bank that launders money for South American drug cartels, a bank that promotes and help rich customers find ways of defrauding the exchequer (in some cases illegally). First reasonable arguement I've heard for leaving the EU

Yep let them go.

Narrow minded views.

So you are saying we should let them hold the UK to ransom just to appease them?

If I had money in their bank when/if they did this my account would be getting closed straight away

So you are saying we should let them hold the UK to ransom just to appease them?
No. When they do wrong fine them.

Aye your right mate, lots of high paid jobs for parasites in the city of London, whose greed and dishonesty helped contribute to the banking crisis, a bank whose call center operation and the marjority of its IT infastructure is based in India, a bank that launders money for South American drug cartels, a bank that promotes and help rich customers find ways of defrauding the exchequer (in some cases illegally). First reasonable arguement I've heard for leaving the EU

And a huge part of its business is done outside the UK.. It is an international business.. And I can bet you now they will have lots of it staff in India but they most certainly have much IT infrastructure there

Last edited:
Apparently HSBC finance Mexican drug cartels.

Unethical type of business to operate in the U.K?

They paid a very large fine because of that. Unfortunately the money went from a British based bank into the USA purse. Part of such deals allows the bank to offset some of the money to out in better compliance systems to ensure this never happens again. So at least some of the money does trickle into our economy.

The bank is in the process of moving several departments to Birmingham. This will allow the remaining staff at Canary Wharf to move back into 8CS ("The HSBC Building") rather than being spilled out over various rented floors of neighbouring buildings.

I would speculate that it highly unlikely the bank would move from its current base. I agree with the earlier posts that this is just shouting of support a Conservative government which, to be fair, does favour such businesses.

I'd be better off personally if the Tories won. However I have a conscience and would never vote for them.

And a huge part of its business is done outside the UK.. It is an international business.. And I can bet you now they will have lots of it staff in India but they most certainly have much IT infrastructure there

They have global IT hubs that run local versions of their software but their main IT stuff is done in Sheffield. (This was the case a few years ago, so could have changed)

Eh?
Im nee political analyst like but surely its UKIP & tories who are the eurosceptics?

Hardly. The Tories took us into Europe based on a very short passage in their manifesto and without a referendum. They LOVE Europe because it allows big business to import people from impoverished countries and this drives wages down. Cameron has to make "noises" about Europe occasionally to get the the votes of wavering BNP supporters.

Quite. HSBC as a global organisation aren't averse to turning a blind eye to laundering money for what are, to all intents and purposes, terrorists. Criticising them for money laundering is about as safe as criticising Fred West for being a bit unkind to women.

All in the public domain though.

First Direct will be firked if HSBC leaves UK mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back